Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Ruger 10/22 with Red Jacket's ZK-22 stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Default Ruger 10/22 with Red Jacket's ZK-22 stock

So I picked up one of these 10/22's the other day, really fun rifle to shoot...I have a fixed 3x zoom scope on it atm and got a few of the 25 round mags...love it...so I couldn't resist, went out and got myself one of those ZK-22 stocks to turn it into a 22 bulpup modeled from the P90 stock, (which I've always loved).

Ambidextrous charging handle and mag release...the pics below are of my rifle as it stands and the stock pic from their website (still waiting on it to arrive in the post)...the pic shows the rifle with a suppressor, mine will not have that.

What do you think? Any opinions, likes or dislikes?

image-1253404638.jpg   image-2387991526.jpg   image-2773285644.jpg  

Glaine ár gcroí, neart ár ngéag agus beart de réir ár mbriathar - ARW
(The cleanliness of our hearts, the strength of our limbs and our commitment to our promise)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-10-2012, 01:18 AM   #2

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

I've always thought bulpup guns were pretty cool-looking. I've tried to shoulder one or two and haven't found them to be overly comfortable or ergonomically friendly, but they are what they are. I'd recommend a red dot in place of that fixed power scope as I think the unlimited eye relief will better suit the bulpup stock.

Have fun with it! Should be a nifty little gun when it's all together.

Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 12-10-2012, 02:19 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Aye, if I could find a decent red-dot that is affordable and doesn't run through a ton of batteries I would go with on of them...I don't really want to spend more on the optic then I did on the entire firearm combined...but I do plan on keeping my ear to the ground for one...or possibly some good iron sights that will suit the bulpup design (since its only a 22 I don't exactly need anything with a high zoom)

(The cleanliness of our hearts, the strength of our limbs and our commitment to our promise)

Old 12-10-2012, 02:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
Aye, if I could find a decent red-dot that is affordable and doesn't run through a ton of batteries I would go with on of them...I don't really want to spend more on the optic then I did on the entire firearm combined...but I do plan on keeping my ear to the ground for one...or possibly some good iron sights that will suit the bulpup design (since its only a 22 I don't exactly need anything with a high zoom)
Not sure what your budget is, but you might check out the Bushnell TRS-25. It can be had for under $100 and gets stellar reviews all over the web.

Seems like a perfect optic for that setup. Small size. Lightweight. Affordable. Precise. Well-built.

Check it out.
Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 12-10-2012, 02:54 AM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Aye that's well within budget...googling it now, you might be on to a winner there, cheers mate

Old 12-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #6

You're welcome. I don't own one of the TRS optics, but I've used one and I liked it a lot. I don't know if you've seen the Nutnfancy videos on YouTube, but he has a great video on the TRS-25 here:

Keep the thread updated with photos of the 10/22 Bulpup and the optic and what not.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #7

Liked 19 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I ordered one of those stocks and am still waiting for delivery.

correction... re-read to see that you don't have your ZK either

If possible, I'm going for a sight that doesn't use batteries

Last edited by Curlyjoe_99; 12-10-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #8

Liked 24 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Default Ruger 10/22 with Red Jacket's ZK-22 stock

Although it's not my cup of tea,If you like it, that's all that counts Cliff

Old 12-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Aye still waiting on mine, last I checked they told me 1st to 2nd week of December so fingers crossed.

I originally picked up the 3x fixed zoom scope for it (mainly cause I got it for a steel, complete with rings), while I would prefer just a 1x red-dot, I've not been able to find any non-battery ones...so I might have to either stick with the fixed zoom or pick up a bushnells in Jan...unless you have any low tech suggestions?

Old 12-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #10

Liked 19 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 10

none here I'm still looking for a decent one. will probably start with a $40 red dot until I find the ONE that I like