ruger 10/22 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > ruger 10/22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 10:52 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Nope, not from here.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:50 AM   #22

Liked 768 Times on 445 Posts
Likes Given: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
FANBOY FIGHT FANBOY FIGHT....

There's gotta be close to 200 years of virginity there...well hetero anyway.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 10-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #23

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Most of the people I've seen that modify 10/22s do it in the quest for more accuracy. I'm not sure you're aware but it's HIGHLY illegal to make your 10/22 ( or any other semiauto for that matter) fullauto. The law was changed in the 80s to disallow that to manufacture any full autos for general public use.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Last edited by stalkingbear; 10-19-2010 at 03:18 PM.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:49 PM   #24

I actually did a complete loop. I started with a stainless steel 10/22 with a synthetic black stock. I bought all the bells and whistles, tactical stocks, mounts, scopes, etc..great accurate, reliable rifle. I soon realized that I had the same rifle in a 17hmr after spending a butt load of money. But I soon missed my rabbit, bare sight plinking gun. Bull barrels are to heavy to lug around and the tactical stocks are cool, but really unnecessary hiking through tight brush country. So my 10/22 is back in it's simplicity with the exception to the trigger assembly. There is something to be said about the simplicity and the reliability of the 10/22. This is my favorite .22 rifle.

wisdom comes with time and time is never ending

Old 10-19-2010, 07:39 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisIsDead View Post
How much money do you have invested in that $175 gun? Could have probably bought a Colt with the same money. The $1,500 Colt will be worth more than $1,500 5 years from now assuming you take care of it. Will a blinged out 10/22?

Don't get me wrong, I love my 10/22. It is, in my opinion, the best deal there is for a .22 but I see no need to make it a pimp gun. It works just fine as is.
Im down for modifying too but the rifle itself is $239.00! After modding it you wind up putting out $600-$700 sometimes ! You could get one of those German sport rifles for $450 ! Most I would do is maybe a conventional bolt stop and a better trigger. Not that there is really anything wrong with the stock trigger, it's just being nitpicky .

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 10-20-2010, 12:38 AM   #26

Default Take a look at the Ruger SR-22

I would like to suggest you look at the Ruger SR-22 Rifle. Then take a look at IRON EAGLE TACTICAL - Accessory Rails for Ruger SR-22 & other rifles and pistols- Home Page. They have alot of accessouries so you can fix your rifle up anyway you want it. I have the Ruger SR-22 and my hole family enjoys shooting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymaker17 View Post
ok, im looking to buy 1/3 guns i would like to buy a .22 10/22 ruger.. AR-15.. and some type of handgun a little later on.. so here is the problem
i want to buy a .22 long rifle i would like to put a banna clip on, scope, diffrent stock. more tactical stock on it..
would you guys think a 10/22 ruger is good for me?
how easy are they to work on/build
should i start from scratch or buy a used one?
how much do they cost?
thanks gun friends!

Old 10-20-2010, 05:34 AM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I don't have a Ruger SR-22, but rather I built my own version since I had a 1/22 to start with. I picked up the Nordic Components AR-22 Receiver Chassis Kit, a Stoner Buffertube with 6 Postion Collapsable Buttstock, DPMS Vented Aluminum Free Float Tube (I had an AR-15 A2 Pistol Grip on hand) and put mine together.

I also shortened my factory 19 1/2" carbine barrel to 16 1/2" (cutting off the front sight in the process). I then had the diameter of my barrel immediately in front of the dovetail for the v block turned down so I could slip a Green Mountain Aero Shroud over my barrel to give it the look of a bull barrel without the weight.

I also installed a Volquartsen Custom Target Hammer as well as polished the sear and disconnector to get a really nice trigger pull.

This is my favorite .22. In fact it is my favorite .22 so much so that I am in the process of building another one but with a different barrel and buttstock.

The way I look at it is like this, yeah I could buy a different .22 LR Rifle for what I have invested but then it wouldn't be exactly what I wanted and I wouldn't have been able to build it myself. Part of this appeal is the project itself in being able to build a 10/22 the way you want it.

Larry

Old 10-20-2010, 10:29 AM   #28

I know what your saying. An example would be this;
I know a few people {Not Many} who take their guns to the shop to get them cleaned !
I know do you believe it ? Where as a true gunny loves to clean and service their firearms themselves, like me. Gotcha !

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

Old 10-20-2010, 12:19 PM   #29

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadrooning View Post
I actually did a complete loop. I started with a stainless steel 10/22 with a synthetic black stock. I bought all the bells and whistles, tactical stocks, mounts, scopes, etc..great accurate, reliable rifle. I soon realized that I had the same rifle in a 17hmr after spending a butt load of money. But I soon missed my rabbit, bare sight plinking gun. Bull barrels are to heavy to lug around and the tactical stocks are cool, but really unnecessary hiking through tight brush country. So my 10/22 is back in it's simplicity with the exception to the trigger assembly. There is something to be said about the simplicity and the reliability of the 10/22. This is my favorite .22 rifle.
Like you I took the standard s.s. 10/22 and put Volquartsen inards in it, a scope and replaced the tupperware stock with a nice wood one, but I left the factory barrel on it. I get nickle size groups at 50 yards using Federal 550 bulk ammo from Walmart. For me that's good enough to make me happy, I don't need a single ragged hole.

It's a nice gun:

10-22_12.jpg

Typical 50 yard target using Fed. 550 off the bipod:

10-22_04.jpg

Old 10-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #30

That's nice snake ! If I was to modify mine I would do something like that, more on the classic line. I'd like to make mine look like a mini- M-14 with some nice walnut or laminated stocks. What you have there though is tempting, it looks like a sniper rifle. What kind of stock is on it ?