ruger 10/22 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > ruger 10/22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 01:55 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I've had a 10-22 that I bought for my oldest son many moons ago and have a henry lever I picked up last winter. I also have a Nylon 66, and a Marliin Glenfield m60 that was my first rifle ever. My favorite to shoot of them all is the Henry. It hits right where I point it, it makes me work for the next shot by running the lever, and it has a really nice trigger, I was happily surprised when I first fired it at how the trigger performed. I say get a Henry, you'll have a blast with it and save on ammo, too.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:54 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGaryM View Post
Very true Elvis. It reminds me of all the pimped out cars you see in Miami's "Little Havana" section. Living in Fort Lauderdale I'm sure you've seen your share of the 1980-1985 Honda Civics that are worth about $500 and have $10,000 worth of high performance race car after market parts that belong on a Porsche.

I'm not knocking anyone for doing what they want with their gun. To each his own but it just seems foolish to me.
I would love to tell those boys how silly they look then tell them to pull up their pants but none of them speak English so it wouldn't matter. I really hope Florida passes a law to mirror Arizona's law. Maybe then at least one person in Miami might learn English.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
I have the S&W MP 15-22 and love it! I am probably getting a Ruger 10/22-FS Tactical it has a 10 shot capacity; however, you can use the Butler Creek 25 round banana for it. We have the Ruger Charger .22LR - love it; but, that is the wifes favorite when we get the chance for range. I have had an issue with the Butler Creek, the last time I solved the problem. The Ruger's are not picky on specific ammo - I have remaining Remington 550 .22LR ammo that the S&W does not like, the Charger has not an issue.

The MP 15-22 can have more accessories attached.

Infomration on the MP 15-22:
Now that you can find them for under $400 I wouldn't buy another 10/22 then add options.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If you want a fun gun with very reasonable accuracy and that can be easily modified the 10-22 will fit the bill. A few relatively mods can make it handier.
If you want to do heavy modifications just get a second hand cheapy and just spend a truckload of $.
If you want extreme accuracy go with a bolt action or single shot.
My 10-22 mods consist of a magazine release, left hand safety and a trigger polishing and I use high velocity ammo and have a ball with it.
My extreme accuracy comes from my H&R 17
Have fun first

montveil in the NC mountains
Salute
All persons present in uniform should render the military salute. Members of the armed forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute. All other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, or if applicable, remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #15

Originally Posted by ElvisIsDead
The $1,500 Colt will be worth more than $1,500 5 years from now assuming you take care of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger
View Post
Really? That's a pretty big statement.

Quote:

Have you seen many Colt's in like new condition that are not worth as much as the retail price was when they bought it 5 or more years ago? I've never seen one myself. A well made upper end gun will always hold it's value as long as you keep it in like new condition.
I paid $375 for my Colt Officer's Model 1911 in the early 80's. It is in perfect condition. I'm sure I could sell it for about $700 today. I also have a .38 Special Colt Revolver I paid less than $100 for in the late 60's. My guess is that would sell for well over the $100 I paid for it. So to answer lonvaeger's comment of "Really? That's a pretty big statement." I would say it is a statement that can easily be proven true.

I don't think the same can be said about a blinged out 10/22. As I said before, I have nothing bad to say about a 10/22. I have one that is about 35 years old and another that is about 4 years old and they both shoot great. Why change a good thing. As they say: "If it aint broke don't fix it".

Last edited by ElvisIsDead; 10-11-2010 at 03:46 PM.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
I have the S&W MP 15-22 and love it! I am probably getting a Ruger 10/22-FS Tactical it has a 10 shot capacity; however, you can use the Butler Creek 25 round banana for it. We have the Ruger Charger .22LR - love it; but, that is the wifes favorite when we get the chance for range. I have had an issue with the Butler Creek, the last time I solved the problem. The Ruger's are not picky on specific ammo - I have remaining Remington 550 .22LR ammo that the S&W does not like, the Charger has not an issue.

The MP 15-22 can have more accessories attached.

Infomration on the MP 15-22:

It does have an ammo issue, meaning specific .22LR ammunition for optimal performance:

• CCI Standard Velocity
• Federal American Eagle
• CCI Mini-Mag
• Federal GameShock
• CCI Stinger
• Winchester Super-X High Velocity
• Aguila Super Extra High Velocity
• Aguila Super Extra Std. Velocity

It is recommended that you fire several boxes to determine reliability of ignition and performance.

Does not recommend the following:

• Remington Golden Bullet
• Remington Thunderbolt
• Remington Target 22
• Winchester Wildcat
• Any and all sub-sonic brands and types
if i were buying a 22lr rifle today it would have to be this one -

Attitude is Everything

Old 10-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
That proves nothing. You stated that it would take five years for a Colt to appreciate. Then you cite two examples, but the examples are for handguns that are about thirty and forty years old.

Not apples to apples.
I think you took my post for something it was not. I said a Colt that you pay $1,500 for now will still be worth $1,500 5 years from now meaning they hold their value. They will hold their value 5, 10, 15, 20 or 50 years from now. A pimped our $175 10/22 will not be worth $1,500 in five years just because someone foolishly spends $1,500 on it today. I NEVER said it will take a Colt 5 years to appreciate.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:57 PM   #18

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
I see nothing good happening here.
I agree, I'm done.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:24 PM   #19

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

One last shot, then I'm done. I recently sold my old beavertail forended 10/22 for $500. So some of them do have some collector value down the road.

But if I were to bling out a 10/22, I'd probably keep the original parts and such. Easier to sell that way. Sell the 10/22 and then sell the after market goodies by themselves.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 10-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #20

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

FANBOY FIGHT FANBOY FIGHT....