The Ruger 10/22 at 50!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > The Ruger 10/22 at 50!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2014, 04:35 AM   #1
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3288 Times on 2236 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Default The Ruger 10/22 at 50!!

This year marks the 50th Annv. Of the 10/22. Ruger celebrates and commemorates the 10/22 with a 50th Annv. Model, available until 2/28/15, and all models produced until then with have the "50 years" roll mark... Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-12-2014, 04:47 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1866 Times on 1279 Posts
Likes Given: 690

Are the anniversary Blackhawks with the XR3 frame worth any more than a regular blackhawk? Most of the anniversary blachhawks have been modified with a birdshead stock. The same thing will happen to the anniversary 10/22's. Only a few with special serial numbers will be worth big money. The rest will be shot to death or made tacti-cool.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 08-12-2014, 05:16 AM   #3

Not sure which one I will get before the end of the year. I like the interchangeable stocks from the Am. Rimfire, that went on the Contest winner model, but I'd rather get the takedown model. I already have a 20 y.o. 10/22 with a Tapco stock.....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1866 Times on 1279 Posts
Likes Given: 690

I like the Henry AR7 take down. I would truly use the Henry as a take down. The Henry is priced right at around $225. The Ruger is compact when broke down. The Henry breaks down to be stowed in the waterproof stock. The Henry only weighs 2.5 lb.

I have a stainless steel 10/22 that is my favorite gun. The 10/22 needs very little maintenance. The only gun I own that can compare is my G19. I can tell you right now the Glock will not keep up the 10/22 when it comes to trouble free rounds fired without cleaning. The Glock doesn't need a lot of care. It does need to have the trash brushed off the feed ramp every couple hundred rounds to be trouble free. I could fix this issue by polishing the feed ramp but polishing would take the rust resistant coating off the feed ramp. I can easily shoot 1,000 rounds through the 10/22 without any care. More than once my niece has shot well over 1,000 rounds through the 10/22 in a week without cleaning the rifle. I just give the rifle a light coating of Safariland CLP when I clean it.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by John_Deer; 08-12-2014 at 01:45 PM.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:42 PM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
This year marks the 50th Annv. Of the 10/22. Ruger celebrates and commemorates the 10/22 with a 50th Annv. Model, available until 2/28/15, and all models produced until then with have the "50 years" roll mark... Thoughts?

it depends. on how many of them they make with the "50th" rollmark. usually to have some future value, there needs to be only a certain amount made. then if that particular gun were left in it's box and left unfired for a good number of years, it's possible it could have collectors value in the future.

but if all of them are getting the same rollmark up until a certain date, IMO, no so much future value. it will be a little more special than the year before and after, but i doubt it will increase it's future value over them by much.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
it depends. on how many of them they make with the "50th" rollmark. usually to have some future value, there needs to be only a certain amount made. then if that particular gun were left in it's box and left unfired for a good number of years, it's possible it could have collectors value in the future.

but if all of them are getting the same rollmark up until a certain date, IMO, no so much future value. it will be a little more special than the year before and after, but i doubt it will increase it's future value over them by much.

Well,..the entire line gets the "50 years" roll mark from 2/1/14 to 2/28/15, but only one model is the "contest winner" edition. It's also the most expensive 10/22 outside of a custom job. Mine has a heavy .920 bull barrel from JARD, but I "tacticooled" it out with the Tapco stock long before that was common. The Mz. Loves it, but like every woman she wants "her own", and she'd really rather have a bolt gun( like the American Rimfire compact) or the Henry lever action. I also like the NRA/Davidsons take down version. Either way, the next one gets the "full treatment" including a good optic. I've also decided to get the byods stock Axxe,...and a traditional scope for the Mossberg,. So now I have two TruGlo 2x42 Prismatics. One is going on my 20 Ga. Mossberg semi-auto. But they aren't strong enough at only 2X fixed to put on any rifle except a 22.....

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-12-2014, 09:23 PM   #7
That looks like it hurt

Liked 502 Times on 323 Posts
Likes Given: 256

I have a USA Shooting team Model...Most fun in a gun you can buy!!! BUY IT!!!..I paid 40 bucks more for mine that they Contributed to the Team. Money well spent.My 3 and 7 year old Granddaughters wear out 3-4 hundred rounds threw it every time they go with me and then they LET me shoot it...

0706131629a.jpg

Old 08-12-2014, 09:35 PM   #8

Liked 936 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 680

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I like the Henry AR7 take down. I would truly use the Henry as a take down. The Henry is priced right at around $225. The Ruger is compact when broke down. The Henry breaks down to be stowed in the waterproof stock. The Henry only weighs 2.5 lb.

I have a stainless steel 10/22 that is my favorite gun. The 10/22 needs very little maintenance. The only gun I own that can compare is my G19. I can tell you right now the Glock will not keep up the 10/22 when it comes to trouble free rounds fired without cleaning. The Glock doesn't need a lot of care. It does need to have the trash brushed off the feed ramp every couple hundred rounds to be trouble free. I could fix this issue by polishing the feed ramp but polishing would take the rust resistant coating off the feed ramp. I can easily shoot 1,000 rounds through the 10/22 without any care. More than once my niece has shot well over 1,000 rounds through the 10/22 in a week without cleaning the rifle. I just give the rifle a light coating of Safariland CLP when I clean it.
What the hell did anything you just say have to do with what the OP said. Again I ask what planet do you live on?

USMC 74-78

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-12-2014, 11:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post

John, I had a older AR7 years ago. The Henry's work much better, but don't accept extended mags. I had a friend in my reserve unit that was a metal worker in civilian life. He had made two 8 rounders into 12 rounders for me with a new base plate/ lower housing and replaced springs. KFox tells me the 15's and 20's don't work in the new guns from Henry. Limbkiller: I think John Deer was describing the Henry over the 10/22 take down for it's size,...which is a viable comment. Then again, if I needed a real "Take down" gun for emergencies, the TNW Areo with 2 calibers( 9MM & .22LR) would fit in the same size bag ( just about) as the 10/22 takedown,,,and comes with a bag and a ballistic plate....

Old 08-13-2014, 05:01 AM   #10

Liked 257 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I have a 47 yr old model.........