Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Rugar 10/22 or savage (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/rugar-10-22-savage-79706/)

dalefan88 12-29-2012 02:42 PM

Rugar 10/22 or savage
 
Went to Walmart and they have a savage .22 for $137 or should I save more money and get the rugar 10/22. Will be used for mostly target shooting.

hiwall 12-29-2012 07:10 PM

You would most likely be happy with either. I would vote for the 10/22. As you get more "into" shooting, the Ruger can be modified to suit your needs/wants without buying another gun.

JSStryker 12-29-2012 07:16 PM

I'd go with the 10/22, solid rifles and like hiwall said easy to customize.

blucoondawg 12-29-2012 07:50 PM

Ruger for dependability and customization options if that's your thing.

FullautoUSA 12-29-2012 07:54 PM

Save up, the 10-22 is the quintessential rifle in my opinion

95sniper 12-29-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalefan88 (Post 1070548)
Went to Walmart and they have a savage .22 for $137 or should I save more money and get the rugar 10/22. Will be used for mostly target shooting.

If the savage is bolt action then it would be a great target gun, super accurate. The ruger 10/22 is great and it has a lot of parts upgrades. It would be a great plinking gun, but won't be as accurate as the savage out of the box.

Axxe55 12-29-2012 08:14 PM

my suggestion is this. if you want to modify, customize or tinker with your rifle, get the 10/22. that rifle platform probably has the most accessories and parts of any rimfire made. you can literally build just about anything you could ever imagine with the 10/22. from tactical to practical, from plinker to competition target rifle. only your budget and imagination would limit you.

now if all you want to do is pull it out of the box and at most put a scope on it and go shooting, then the Savage rimfires would be a good option. Savage makes some pretty dang accurate rimfires right out the box and are dang sure worth the money. hope this helps you out with your decision.

95sniper 12-29-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 1070957)
my suggestion is this. if you want to modify, customize or tinker with your rifle, get the 10/22. that rifle platform probably has the most accessories and parts of any rimfire made. you can literally build just about anything you could ever imagine with the 10/22. from tactical to practical, from plinker to competition target rifle. only your budget and imagination would limit you.

now if all you want to do is pull it out of the box and at most put a scope on it and go shooting, then the Savage rimfires would be a good option. Savage makes some pretty dang accurate rimfires right out the box and are dang sure worth the money. hope this helps you out with your decision.

........ +1

dalefan88 12-29-2012 10:16 PM

Thanks guys I been into cars all my life and can leave them alone. I have a feeling I might get the same way with guns so I think I might save up for the rugar

FullautoUSA 12-29-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalefan88
Thanks guys I been into cars all my life and can leave them alone. I have a feeling I might get the same way with guns so I think I might save up for the rugar

Once you start shooting you can't stop:)


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:42 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.