Rounds effecting zero - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Rounds effecting zero

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 773 Times on 540 Posts
Likes Given: 842

Water has a different density then flesh and organs. What you are seeing is the fact your favorite ammo actually uses a softer lead compound. Bulk pack ammo will vary in accuracy from lot to lot with the same brand. It is cheap ammo.

This is a big step up.
Aguila 22 LR 40 gr High Velocity HP 50/box - Natchez Shooters Supplies

For a little cheaper, Centurian and Winchester Wildcat shoot very well.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 358 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh
Water has a different density then flesh and organs. What you are seeing is the fact your favorite ammo actually uses a softer lead compound. Bulk pack ammo will vary in accuracy from lot to lot with the same brand. It is cheap ammo.

This is a big step up.
Aguila 22 LR 40 gr High Velocity HP 50/box - Natchez Shooters Supplies

For a little cheaper, Centurian and Winchester Wildcat shoot very well.
I know it has a different density, by I'm not about to spend money on the packets of ballistics gel since that's different too. I'm also not going to buy some type of meat just to shoot at it.

As for it using a softer lead, it's also not plated and still has a hollow that's a lot bigger then the Federals do. When it comes to constancy, their pretty good. Even when it comes to different boxes from the same brand/type.

When it comes to buying stuff online, I usually prefer not to since I have to weed out Canadian and American sites.