Rossi Trifecta w/ .22lr barrel
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Rossi Trifecta w/ .22lr barrel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Rossi Trifecta w/ .22lr barrel

My father purchased a pair of Rossi Trifectas for my children (currently 12yo & 9yo) as their Christmas presents last year. They are great starter rifles and should my children ever express an interest in hunting, they could pursue just about everything legally with just a switch of the barrel (.22lr, .410, .243).

I have noticed a problem with the .22lr however. The adjustable rear site (both W&E) is quite flimsy and cheap, making it easy to knock it out of zero without trying. Just clean the barrel and allow the rag to snag and GRRRRRRR. The set screws and soft plastic do not make a sturdy platform when trying to keep the W&E from skipping about. Does anybody know where I can research or find study "universal" aftermarket adjustable (W&E) sites that can be adapted to barrels without over engineering?

To ward off any mention of adding a scope and just calling it good, that is far from an option at this time. Until my children can demonstrate mastery of adjusting and using open sites, I will not let them use handicaps like scopes or other enhanced sighting systems.

Thank you.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here