Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Rifle help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 05:58 AM   #31
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7334 Times on 4252 Posts
Likes Given: 9451

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i also think at that thickness if possible they would be too flimsy to last very long from removing spent shells. it still seems like the only way for them to do it is with seperate cylinders. just seems like a much more complicated way of doing something that could be much easier with having a seperate cylinder. too much engineering IMO.
I can see the engineers talking this one over.

Engineer #1 "OK, so we get these little tiny cigarette paper liners made out of steel to put in the chambers and..."

Engineers #2-5 "Shut the Fu*k up, dimwit!"

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 02-02-2013, 05:59 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16839 Times on 9758 Posts
Likes Given: 43908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I can see the engineers talking this one over.

Engineer #1 "OK, so we get these little tiny cigarette paper liners made out of steel to put in the chambers and..."

Engineers #2-5 "Shut the Fu*k up, dimwit!"
stupid engineers! making things more difficult than they need to be!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:13 AM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 200 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Well I heard of a guy who put a 20 gauge shell in his 12 gauge, it didn't fire, so he jacked another round in and blew his damned gun up.

You cannot shoot ammunition out of a gun that is not made for it. Even the .22LR versus the .22WMR, the chambers are different. You must change cylinders to safely shoot it. No gun manufacturer ever made a single cylinder with little knurled sleeves that you place into each chamber of a revolver- that is just ridiculous as the difference between the two is a mere .002", which means that the sleeve would have to have about a .001" wall thickness (I did not get out my calipers and measure, these dimensions are off the top of my head). A .22 LR will not fit inside a .22 magnum shell case either, the main dimensional difference is that the .22 WMR is longer by about a quarter inch. The WMR has a .224 bullet diameter and the LR has a .222 bullet diameter (which is why WMR will be inherently more accurate in a convertible gun- it has better engagement with the rifling).

Rossi made a prototype with little sleeve thingies? Bullspit.
I know the chambers are different and what I am talking about has nothing to do with the 12/20 burst of a shotgun. I was referencing a guy who I talked to a couple days ago who told me of shooting a 22lr through a mag rifle using a spent mag brass as a chamber bushing. I don't know if it would work and have never tried it and probably never will, just wondered if anyone had heard of that before. I don't know if the lr would fit in a fired mag or not, the mag brass supposedly directs the lr bullet into the rifling, notice I said "supposedly".

They do sell chamber bushings to shoot 22lr in a 22mag, so it isn't impossible I just don't know that it would work with a spent brass bushing.

http://mcace.com/adapters.htm This is one place that has the 22lr to mag adapter.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012