Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > replacement ruger mark 1 sights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 01:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default replacement ruger mark 1 sights

I have a friend who has a mark 1 ruger. Shoots low, really low. Unfortunitely the back sights are fixed. Does anyone know of adjustable replacement back sights for this? Can you use a sight off a mark 2 for a mark1? Visually it seems the mark 1 dovetail is a bit smaller, but I could be mistaken.

wisdom comes with time and time is never ending

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-23-2009, 06:18 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8406 Times on 3642 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Quich check at Numrich indicates likely different part numbers for Mk 1 and Mk II, but why not check directly with Ruger? Use their website, contact tech services.

Might also find out WHY is shooting low- is FRONT sight correct for this bbl, etc.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 09-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have a cheap alternative. Simply file (or grind with a dremel) the top of the front sight down until it's hitting exactly where you aim. Just be sure to go a little at a time, confirming point of impact as you go.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 09-23-2009, 11:52 AM   #4

Thanks guys but I already checked on rugers website. I was able to find out the date of manufacture by the serial number through their website. Other than that the website was not much help. Thought I'd throw this question out before I called.

Shaving the front sight down was my first thought, Till I shot it. You have float the front sights almost 3/4 up at 25 feet, but it is consistant. Never seen anything like this. Plus his eyes aren't getting any better and I plan on drilling and inserting a orange insert on his front sights. I need to find a high contrast adjustable back sight. Would be a lot easier if I could talk him inot just putting a scope on the gun.

wisdom comes with time and time is never ending

Old 09-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #5

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
i have a cheap alternative. Simply file (or grind with a dremel) the top of the front sight down until it's hitting exactly where you aim. Just be sure to go a little at a time, confirming point of impact as you go.
put the dremel down and step away.

Here are some Millet sights for Mki and Mk II

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=17922/Product/ADJUSTABLE_SIGHTS_FOR_RUGER_reg__MK_I___II___STD_M ODEL

Last edited by cpttango30; 09-23-2009 at 03:26 PM.