Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Remmy 597

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 01:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have two: a 22 lr, and one in 17 hmr, now converted to 22 magnum. Both of them shoot very well, except for a heavy trigger pull, which I have worked on. I've polished the hammers and helped both, but am getting ready to install a VQ hammer on the 22 and see how much difference it makes.
The feel of the rifle is very comfortable and solid. MOA accuracy is the norm, with some ammo performing a little better than that. The 17 hmr would shoot 1/2 moa consistently right out of the box. Sorry those models had to be discontinued.
Both of the rifles have been very reliable as far as function and accuracy. I've had two blowups in the 17 hmr versions, but won't have that issue again.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 370 Times on 263 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I know you already made your purchase but I will tell you about mine.
I have one I bought 2 or 3 years ago. The only time I have had a problem with it was when I shot Remington bullets through it. I don't think I need to go any farther on their reputation of rimfire ammo. JUNK!
IMO it shoots great and never a problem with any other ammunition. I have mine sighted in for 50 yard with a tasco scope I picked up somewhere. Even with that scope I enjoy it and it does a very good job of hitting what I point it at.
The only dislike is the trigger. It does not seem as nice as others I have shot.
I would love some type of trigger work to make it a better feel. Other than that I like it.
I also have a 10/22 like it the same!