remington subsonic split casing?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > remington subsonic split casing?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2008, 08:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default remington subsonic split casing?

I was trying different brands of ammo today in my cz452 varmint I had one remington subsonic round fail to eject so I took the tip of my pocket knife and got it out with a little effort and noticed the casing was split on the side. anyone else have this problem before using this round? thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Not that problem, but a host of others. They are very dirty, some times don't stay subsonic, many failure to fire w/good strikes. I strictly use CCI standard velocity or subsonics when they go thru my cans. At the range last week I found a pile of Rem subs some one just dumped (threw) on the ground for some reason

Old 06-23-2008, 11:12 PM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Over the years I've always had problems with Remington .22 ammo. From failures to fire to underpowered rounds. Unfortunately the yellowjackets are the only round my Mossberg feeds, but all my other guns get Federal, Winchester, or CCI.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 06-29-2008, 09:53 PM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I've had so many fail-to-fire remingtons that I stay away from remington .22 ammo alltogether now.