Remington model 512 .22
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Remington model 512 .22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Remington model 512 .22

Did Remington ever make a shot barrel in the model 512 Sportsmaster? .. Either they did, or the one I have is shot out completely... I don't think I've ever seen a rifle worn so bad... or so filled with lead...????... or what ever ... got any ideas anyone?
The barrel is marked on the breech end with an "x45" on one side... and an "eyy" on the other. No serial # of course.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-07-2011, 09:38 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Yes
Model 512 Sportsmaster Bolt Action Rimfire Rifle

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 06-11-2011, 12:01 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

On the other hand, most 'shot out' .22 barrels are simply badly leaded. Get some real good lead-solvent cleaner and use a few strands of COPPER pot scrubber pad in a cleaning rod tip. It might bring the old girl back to life!

Old 06-11-2011, 01:47 PM   #4

thanks...will do...
also........ have you tried those electric whizz-bang barrel cleaners..was thinking of making one...seems simple enough to make.......... ?????
We spend most of our time in Nevada, and that is where my guns are stored, so have to commute when I want to shoot... BLM is a little picky about shooting here in Calif. We're trying to move everything ...takes a while... specially if your too %$#&*$% lazy .
Larry

Last edited by blazinsun69; 06-11-2011 at 01:54 PM. Reason: unclear

Old 06-11-2011, 03:27 PM   #5

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

You have a 512 that was manufactures October of 1952 by the way.....

Old 06-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #6

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinsun69 View Post
thanks...will do...
also........ have you tried those electric whizz-bang barrel cleaners..was thinking of making one...seems simple enough to make.......... ?????
We spend most of our time in Nevada, and that is where my guns are stored, so have to commute when I want to shoot... BLM is a little picky about shooting here in Calif. We're trying to move everything ...takes a while... specially if your too %$#&*$% lazy .
Larry
Check this out:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/making-electric-bore-cleaning-kit-31091/index2.html#post341020

Old 06-29-2014, 02:54 AM   #7

I have a Remington 22 Model 512 .. it appears to have the numbers .. 45 on one side .. and maybe an X stamped.
On the other side . it has the letters .. px x (and then a little symbol that looks like a "note" on sheet music)
Can anyone tell me when this was made or what I have ?
It is in very good shape .. got it at an auction today .. appears to be older but good condition .. and solid !!
Thanks

Gary

Old 06-29-2014, 03:03 AM   #8

Default Remington 22 512 Sportsmaster #'s 45 [maybe x] other side px x then a symbol on it

I am sorry .. this is my first time trying to post something .. but I think I am in "reply mode" ... and want to ask a question .. perhaps someone could tell a hillbilly like me .. where to start .. ha !!
I have a Remington 22 Model 512 .. it appears to have the numbers .. 45 on one side .. and maybe an X stamped.
On the other side . it has the letters .. px x (and then a little symbol that looks like a "note" on sheet music)
Can anyone tell me when this was made or what I have ?
It is in very good shape .. got it at an auction today .. appears to be older but good condition .. and solid !!
Thanks

Gary

Old 06-29-2014, 07:36 AM   #9
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7103 Times on 3887 Posts
Likes Given: 14343

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdtractor View Post
I am sorry .. this is my first time trying to post something .. but I think I am in "reply mode" ... and want to ask a question .. perhaps someone could tell a hillbilly like me .. where to start .. ha !!
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/remington-512-22-a-108260/

No offense and none taken

Old 06-29-2014, 07:37 AM   #10
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3154 Times on 2143 Posts
Likes Given: 682

Default Remington model 512 .22

Gary First off, Welcome! We are glad you found us ! I have never owned a Remington 22 of Any type, ( have a Mossberg 702 and a Ruger 10/22), but we have a lot of folks here who go back longer then me with shooting by virtue of their age and Exp. I'm sure someone here can point you the right way, or possibly your local Gunsmith or shop could...
Again welcome. You might want to sail over to the introductions page..

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talkh

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*