Remington model 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Remington model 5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Remington model 5

anyone have experience with it? how is the accuracy at 100 / 200 yards?
looking to have a dedicated smallbore silhoutte and compition rifle, presently using a savage MKII, getting -1.75" groups at 100, -7" at 200.

how does the model 5 compare to a cz 452 / 453 and mkii?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-16-2009, 02:49 PM   #2

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Might try asking over at Rimfire central.com as well in the remmy section. There are a bunch of owners over there.

All I can say is that it is an import from some old eastern European country.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:51 PM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

If you want a comp ready rimfire from remington you need to look at the 40x rimfire or the 547 these are going to give you the best bang for your buck in a comp ready rimfire.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #4

i'd like to get a 40X, just don't have the funds or forecasted future funds to get my hands on one. have cabela points to use up, plus an extra mailer for 20.00 off for a purchase over 120.00. i just called my "local" cabelas (about 1.5 hours away), the guy said i can use both the points and the 20.00 off toward the rifle.

with tax and registration, should be about $175.00. although i love my mkii, i think i hit the accuracy wall and can't get much more out of it. i was saving up for a cz, but when i seen this remington, it caught my eye for a dedicated silhoutte set up. can't seem to find anyone that has good grouping #'s past 50 yards though.

trying to get on rf central, but my log on info is messed up.

biggest thing is i don't mind passing this up and going with the cz for the extra $, but if the model 5 is close, i'll take a trip on saturday to get it. just not convinced yet, so if you guys have any other opinions, reviews, or experience with it i'd appreciate it.

i don't want to have a "should've bought a cz" moment.....

Old 09-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #5

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOP PREDATOR View Post
anyone have experience with it? how is the accuracy at 100 / 200 yards?
looking to have a dedicated smallbore silhoutte and compition rifle, presently using a savage MKII, getting -1.75" groups at 100, -7" at 200.

how does the model 5 compare to a cz 452 / 453 and mkii?
TOP PREDATOR, why don't you jump over to the Introductions section and tell us a little about yourself.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello