Rem 514 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

Rem 514

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 01:08 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

The Remington 5teen family is one of my favorites.

I have a 511 and a 513.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:26 PM   #12

Does anyone know where to find an instruction manual for this? I need to disassemble it to clean it.
and finally....
3. I reject the government's authority to take MY money and spend it as they wish without my permission.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:08 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6791 Times on 3610 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
Does anyone know where to find an instruction manual for this? I need to disassemble it to clean it.
gotta request one from remington. they evidently dont keep manuals online for ones they no longer make.

Obsolete Shotgun Manuals - Obsolete Hunting Manuals - Request Obsolete Remington Manuals

Old 11-08-2010, 12:53 AM   #14

Liked 61 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Default Breakdown

Will this help

ipb-remington-514.jpg
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:18 AM   #15

that's great. Thanks!
and finally....
3. I reject the government's authority to take MY money and spend it as they wish without my permission.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:43 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The 514 is a good little rifle - picked mine up for $150 at a local Gun/Pawn Shop. They had two - I later went back for the other - it had a different stock - but it was gone.
One thing though - many have worn extractors. I replaced mine and it's been 100% since. Numrich has them fairly cheap, and it takes a couple minutes to swap out.
Mine isn't grooved for a scope - later ones might be. The scope grooves were introduced in '54 or '55. I did put an old Marlin aperture sight on mine. I love peep sights!
The 514 is NOT anything like the rest of the 5-teen series - totally different animal. So, I also have the 512X and the 521T Junior Target rifles. The 512X has a bent barrel, but still shoots tight! I just have to keep the rear sight all the over to one side......

Old 11-14-2010, 12:13 AM   #17

Where can I find parts for this? I was taking it apart and the safety and main spring went flying.
and finally....

Old 11-14-2010, 02:37 AM   #18

Liked 61 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 46

You might want to look in the most remote spot on the property. If you let the spring and saftey get away and you have the breakdown, you should take it to the smith. Only God and Remington knows what else is AWOL.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:07 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Look on the Numrich website. If they don't have it, then it becomes a Google Search adventure.

Newest Threads