Re-Done .22 Lake Mossberg. (Savage Mark 2 Copy.)

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Re-Done .22 Lake Mossberg. (Savage Mark 2 Copy.)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 02:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Re-Done .22 Lake Mossberg. (Savage Mark 2 Copy.)

I recently acquired an old .22 from a farmer up the road and thought ewwww what a piece. I went out and bought 2x 120, 1x 100, 1x 1000 grit sand paper and a pint of Provincial Stain with some diamond clear varathane wood finish by Plecto. I finished off the stock by sanding down the inside off the stock to create a free floating barrel to improve accuracy then started work on the barrel. First i tried a small strip of the 1000 grit paper to take off the paint / bluing but no luck so i tried some type 0 steel wool and nothing so i finally took 100 grit paper to it and it took it off fine then polished all the scratches out with the 1000 grit. After removing the front sight off the gun i wanted to get rid of the gross 3/8" dove tail so i cut the barrel down 3 inches and re-crowned the barrel using Permatex grinding compound that i got from NAPA auto parts and a brass wood screw. If anyone has any questions or wants further instruction on how to do a simple at home project e-mail me at Canadian--BG@hotmail. All i need to do is re-blue the barrel.Sorry For such large pictures.

w/o Scope is old With scope is re-done

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I don't see any pics

Old 03-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Oh, I see pics in the other thread