Rationing 22LR and helping each other. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Rationing 22LR and helping each other.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2014, 01:35 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2925 Times on 1740 Posts
Likes Given: 1958

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
You know, if I could find just ONE of the rimfire calibers I shoot, I would sell my LR, and the ammo, and just shoot that caliber. But 22 mag & 17 HMR aren't showing up very reliably, either. 17 WSM, I think I've seen it once, and there's like, what, 1 gun that shoots it? Nope.
interesting, i have seen 17HMR so constantly throughout this that i have considered buying that caliber lately.

Old 03-15-2014, 01:55 AM   #22
RKB

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 91

I don't believe the problem is 'hoarders' - it is 'flippers'. My LGS received a pallet of Rem 550rd (I think) 'bricks', and limited sales to one a day per customer. People were calling their wives, girlfriends, etc telling them to come in and buy them to they could "flip them for a serious profit at the gunshow".
The problem is the IDIOTS who are buying from these profiteers. As long as YOU keep buying, they'll keep doing it. Let it rest and this crap will pass.

Old 03-15-2014, 01:59 AM   #23
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3193 Times on 2173 Posts
Likes Given: 696

And that's all we are saying, and no I'm not gonna sing Beatles

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
jpattersonnh Likes This 
Old 03-15-2014, 04:21 PM   #24

Liked 30 Times on 16 Posts

Go to the bid sites, bid it up super high and don't pay. Make them have to relist it a few times. It won't stop them but we can get under there skin a bit. Just a thought!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 03-15-2014, 05:04 PM   #25
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3193 Times on 2173 Posts
Likes Given: 696

I have actually done that Twice I think, because people on GB are just sick! I mean, come on,. $125 for a Brick of Federal Champion? Really?..$1200 for a Colt LW Commander? I know I'm old, but unless that Barrel Is Gold Lined.....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 03-15-2014, 05:25 PM   #26

Liked 361 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 6

9mm is pretty much back to normal around here but 22 short, LR, & mag is non-existant. All the gun stores have the same story: "we got a bunch in last week & it was gone by the end of the day." the shelves are full of 17 hmr. From time to time I would see some CCI mini mags or velocitors show up but always passed on them. Walmart did have some federal 22 auto match 325 rounds for about $18 just after new years & I bought 1 box (1 box limit), that's the only 22 i've bought in a year & a half. right after a I bought that, a guy came up with his wife & son & bought the last 3 boxes. he must've known it was there & brought the family along because he didn't have a cart & didn't buy anything else & walked out the door after his purchase. those are the people that piss me off because you know he does that everytime there's any available.

I've been trying to ration it by not shootin as much 22 when I go out & the cold @ss winter we're having has helped me with that (it's snowing again by the way). So instead I take out my centerfire guns & shoot them, since I reload 32 S&W long & 32 H&R mag, the cost of that is comparable to shooting 22.

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Old 03-15-2014, 07:05 PM   #27

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I am in south Florida and the only way you find 22lr is by watching the Walmart app
today I went to 4 Walmarts that showed inventory (I have over 12 stores with in maybe 25 miles and got the limit of 3 boxes of the Fed 550 or the rem 225. They also had 250 UMC 9mm boxes and 100 rd boxes of Fed 9mm. It was a great day for 22. I just watch the app early in the morning and if I see it close to me I pick it up. HUGE amounts of 45 and 40 in all stores and overflowing with 223 boxes but they simply only get 22lr in a few times a month and it sells out in a few hours or less. You can find 556 or 223 at less than fifty cents a round most places now and 9mm between 26 and 30 cents a round. Thinking of getting a 45 since ammo is available any time now for under 50 to 40 cents a round. We shoot mostly 9mm and 22lr then 223/556. 22 lr just does not hit the stores here very often. The large ranges here have it available but at 40 percent higher prices than Walmart. Been a few years since I have seen stocked 22lr lasting in a store more than a few hours on the shelf. A local sporting goods manager told me tis morning that he now works many 12 hour shifts and puts the ammo out at 8pm when he starts and it sells out by 8am. The phone app does not show that inventory until early morning so I do not go to the store when he stocks it, only go when it shows it there in inventory.
I can find 22 maybe twice a month or every 3 weeks but at least 10 stores will have it at the same time so within an hour and half I can get what I need no issues.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:12 PM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_blue79 View Post
For some odd reason, .17HMR is plentiful here, I can't find .22WMR, meaning I can't feed my Mossberg .22WMR Rifle. I'm half tempted to buy the Henry Lever Action .17HMR at the LGS and start shooting .17HMR..
17HMR and 22WMR are available in south Florida not very common here for shooting and there are always maybe 10 boxes on the shelf in many stores

Old 03-15-2014, 07:16 PM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKB View Post
I don't believe the problem is 'hoarders' - it is 'flippers'. My LGS received a pallet of Rem 550rd (I think) 'bricks', and limited sales to one a day per customer. People were calling their wives, girlfriends, etc telling them to come in and buy them to they could "flip them for a serious profit at the gunshow".
The problem is the IDIOTS who are buying from these profiteers. As long as YOU keep buying, they'll keep doing it. Let it rest and this crap will pass.
The 550 bricks never come by the pallet here maybe 10 -30 boxes per store several times a month (limit 3 total boxes of any combined)
It is not flippers here that are the problem it is just plain limited supply with more people shooting small bore rifles and pistols
When Pro Bass or Dicks get the boxes of 22lr in they may get 50 at the most and are gone same day same as Walmart. Simply more demand than inventory the last 2 years here.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:30 AM   #30

Liked 2472 Times on 1605 Posts

Wally has lots of ammo except anything rimfire. I bought three boxes of .22lr winchester match for my cousin, but he didn't want them because they were hollowpoints! That's all the .22 I've bought in the last couple years, I even passed up some at the lgs because I didn't need it.

Feral cat waterboarder