Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Question for 10-22 owners (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/question-10-22-owners-6479/)

fragout 08-22-2008 07:36 PM

Question for 10-22 owners
 
What kind of accuracy are you 10-22 owners getting outa your 10-22?

cpttango30 08-23-2008 12:01 AM

This can go anywhere form 3" 50 yard to .3" 100 yard depending on what rifle and what you have done to it. Go to http://www.rimfirecentral.com/ Look in the 10/22 section the guys there are rabid 10/22 freeks and you will see everything from bone stock 10/22 to full custom jobs running $1000+.

NYPD13 08-23-2008 01:26 PM

Haven't Pushed Past 50yds Yet With My New Stock 10/22 Carbine, But With The Aid Of A Burris Scope I've Been Able To Group At About 1.5". Still Have To Play Around With Different Makes Of Ammo To See If I Can Shrink Those Groups.

tenbears 08-24-2008 08:35 PM

To get the best accuracy out of your rifle, it's best to buy all the most common styles and brands of ammo in your area, then sit down and sand bag the rifle at a range and slow fire 10 shot groups to see which ammo groups best in your rifle and stick to it.
in my Ruger with HK style peep sights I can consistantly hit softball size target at 200 yards.

fragout 08-25-2008 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 37469)
This can go anywhere form 3" 50 yard to .3" 100 yard depending on what rifle and what you have done to it. Go to http://www.rimfirecentral.com/ Look in the 10/22 section the guys there are rabid 10/22 freeks and you will see everything from bone stock 10/22 to full custom jobs running $1000+.

Yup. I'm a member there, but dont feel the need to shell out 1000 bucks on a 10-22. Your milage may vary.

Thats the whole point of my thread. To find out what actual owners are getting from thier rifles. If you own a 10-22, I would love to hear all about how your paticular 10-22 performs, especially the bone stock 10-22's.

fragout 08-25-2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYPD13 (Post 37516)
Haven't Pushed Past 50yds Yet With My New Stock 10/22 Carbine, But With The Aid Of A Burris Scope I've Been Able To Group At About 1.5". Still Have To Play Around With Different Makes Of Ammo To See If I Can Shrink Those Groups.

Sounds like your off to a good start. What brand of 22lr were you shooting for your 50yd 1.5in group?

fragout 08-25-2008 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenbears (Post 37670)
To get the best accuracy out of your rifle, it's best to buy all the most common styles and brands of ammo in your area, then sit down and sand bag the rifle at a range and slow fire 10 shot groups to see which ammo groups best in your rifle and stick to it.
in my Ruger with HK style peep sights I can consistantly hit softball size target at 200 yards.

+1 for trying out different brands. Thats some mighty fine shootin.;)

txdude321 08-27-2008 04:07 PM

i have essentially a stock ruger 10/22 all i did was change out the original stock and added a tapco t6 on to it, added a bipod and scope, and I can easily hit a pretty small target at 100 yards fairly consistently off a bench rest position and i am not that good of a shot to begin with i am fairly new to shooting ( its not paper so i cant tell you my grouping size at that range) they are pretty accurate but I have the DSP model idk if that effects anything, I can get a very tight group at 25 yards I have only done that once just to see how tight i can get the group, I mostly use my .22 for plinking fun at the range.

Feel free to PM me and I can tell you everything i know about my ruger 10/22 I shoot it the most out of all my guns and I am very happy with it, i can give you some ideas if your looking for something specific from a ruger 10/22


Edit: and all this is using Walmart Bulk Federal ammunition 550 bullets for $13.47 before tax

NYPD13 08-28-2008 12:32 AM

So Far I've Only Used Aguila High Velocity, Remington Thunderbolt, And Federal Automatch Target. All 40gr Round Nose. All Gave The Same Results. Other Than The Scope, Its A Stock 10/22 Carbine, Even Used The Supplied Scope Mount.

pioneer461 09-09-2008 08:25 PM

I'm getting sub-MOA groups out to about 75 yds. It is a little tack-driver! I use a fixed 4x Leupold scope, and it really likes CCI Mini Mag ammo. However, it's been accurized and is not a stock 10/22. Before I had the work done on it, I wasn't happy with it at all. My groups were, with all kinds of ammo, more like shotgun patterns and the factory sights just didn't work for me.



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:30 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.