Question on 10/22 cleaning
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Question on 10/22 cleaning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Question on 10/22 cleaning

So I concord my fear and stripped my 10/22 down to springs and pins for a good ultrasonic cleaning. I found it was not bad at all once I was into it. I did not take the firing pin out. I also did not have out the extractor or the safety selector. So that is a question for the 10/22 masters out there. How do I get the safety selector out as well as the extractor. I can see how to get the firing pin out, I just did not have a pin punch and I did not want to go get one.

I had a bad experience as a teen with loosing the extractor and spring. The gun had to go to the shop to be fixed. I did not loose any parts this time and it works good. Any dam is it clean.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-17-2009, 11:19 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

If I was you I'd not try to take them out except MAYBE for the firing pin. If you blast it out good there's no reason to remove those parts. I can tell you how to remove them but HIGHLY recommend you leave them alone. In all the years of fooling with 10/22s, I've never had to remove those parts for cleaning except the firing pin (after thousands upon thousands of rounds fired without any cleaning).

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 11-18-2009, 12:08 AM   #3

Thanks Stalk, I would suspect that is why they are so hard to get out. It is just fun and interesting to me to take a gun down to bare bones then put it back together and still have it work. Thanks for the info.