Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > please help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 07:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default please help

I am sorry if this sounds silly but i have been shooting .22 rimfire for a while now and need to move to .17 hmr and was looking at the savage 93r17btvs and the anshuts .17hmr can any 1 tell me the best out of the two over all,..... and does any 1 know the difference in the savage 93r17btvs and the 93r17btvlss the two rifles look the same and both have stainless barrels and would be very greatful if any 1 has got any views on all these guns THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, cheers mal.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-03-2010, 08:15 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

the 93R17BTVS is for a right handed person and the 93r17btvlss is for a left handed person. Other than that they are the exact same gun.

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry

Old 03-03-2010, 08:34 AM   #3

Default thanks

thanks radio have you got any views on the anshuts v savage mate

Old 03-03-2010, 08:38 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by malmason View Post
thanks radio have you got any views on the anshuts v savage mate
which model anschutz you goin with?

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry

Old 03-03-2010, 01:08 PM   #5

Default anchuts

was looking at the anchuts 1517 .17 hmr and even had a look at the cz 452 only because i have a .22 cz and its been a nice gun but really am leaning towards the savage unless other wise persuaded, what do you think mate, cheers mal.

Last edited by malmason; 03-03-2010 at 01:13 PM.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:03 PM   #6

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

If I had the money, I'd choose the Anschutz over the Savage in a heartbeat. Why get a Chevy when you can get a Mercedes?

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 03-03-2010, 07:26 PM   #7

Default cheers stalkinbear

I know mate i have been told that but i havent seen a anschuts that looks as good as savage mate

Old 03-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #8

Liked 47 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Or for the same money for that matter of fact. Hard to beat Savage in preformance for near the same cost. Buy the Savage and some nice glass.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:30 PM   #9

Thats what i was thinking myself should have around £800.00