Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Ordered a new scope (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/ordered-new-scope-88911/)

hareebrownbeest 04-16-2013 04:49 AM

Ordered a new scope

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 96259

Even with the "hard to get" .22 ammo I decided to buy a cheap 25-50 yard green dot sight for my savage FV-SR. I should have it sometime this week so I can y'all bout it. Got it on amazon for $66 and it has decent reviews. True fiber optic sight with battery back up. Made in Japan.

hareebrownbeest 04-17-2013 08:35 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Well I got it yesterday and was all excited to see it. I was following the tracking on the package and saw that it was going to arrive. I got home and there it was. First thing I noticed was this

Attachment 96570

Manufacturer on Amazon stated it was made in Japan??? So I was skeptical. Some of the reviews said you cannot see the fiber optic green dot without the battery on and they were not kidding. At first I thought it was non existent, no green dot what so ever. I put it the batteries that came with it, it actually came with two sets of watch like batteries. I put them in and there was the green dot, but it was weak and a bit blurry, could be my eyes but it was not a crisp dot like I've seen on other scopes. The lenses have a purple hue to them that seems to pick up on every reflection around making the eye piece difficult to get a clear picture through. I paid $66 for it so I guess the saying holds true "you get what you pay for":(

Attachment 96571

The packaging wasn't bad

Attachment 96573

It sure does "look cool";)

Attachment 96574

Attachment 96575

You can clearly see the purple tint on the lens

Attachment 96576

This is with the battery on:( in direct sunlight with the battery off it is actually bright.

Attachment 96577

Now it just got to get it to the range

hareebrownbeest 05-18-2013 04:57 AM

Tried the scope out and it's now on Craigslist. Would not hold zero and would not adjust up high enough to hit a 100 yard target. Junk, Chinese crap.

Crazycastor 05-19-2013 08:01 PM

Yea, before you order another scope check it out on hete first or look forreviews online. If the major gun site such as Cabelas or MidwayUsa doesnt carry it, its probably a China knockoff. Course it could also be for a pellet rifle. Almost bought a luepold scope till I found out it was for a pellet gun.

Anna_Purna 05-19-2013 08:30 PM

Amazon has a great return policy. Talk to them and see if it is not to late to return it back for a refund.

And if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it still is not a trijicon ;)

hareebrownbeest 05-21-2013 04:27 AM

Yeah I knew it was not going to be anywhere near a trijicon but it had pretty good reviews so I gave it a shot (no pun intended) and either the people giving the reviews don't know sh1t about decent scopes or those reviews are a bunch of made up BS. Makes me wonder.

pioneer461 05-23-2013 10:51 PM

Scopes. You get what you pay for. They should at least cost as much as the gun you mount them on.

hareebrownbeest 05-26-2013 05:23 AM

I hear ya man

IXLR8 05-26-2013 08:00 PM

It looks like it was mounted so high that a cheek weld was impossible with your current stock. You may want to look for a lower centerline scope.

Crazycastor 05-26-2013 09:12 PM

I just can't see putting a $1500.00 scope on my ar15. I think a good named brand scope is a better way at looking at this. The bigger and harder your gun kicks the better the scope your going to need.