Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > opinions. trying to build a target rifle out of an old revelation by western auto..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default opinions. trying to build a target rifle out of an old revelation by western auto..

I got an old revelation by western auto bolt action that I have always bragged on the accuracy of the old ugly gun... I decided to tear it down and re blue and re finish the stock and make it look as good as it shoots... during the tear down I broke the rear sight, I didn't get real up set thought id never find another but would just get it tapped and put good glass on it, im thinking I would really like to out shoot my girlfriends butler creek 10/22 with the old re done gun. It will be a real chore because her gun shoots really well. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions that would help or know anything about the revelation by western auto????

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
Crazy Azz Redneck

Liked 989 Times on 565 Posts
Likes Given: 440

Depending on the model# on the rifle,It could be made by several different mfg's. You can look up the mfg of your rifle on the internet.
As far as drilling and tapping the action,why waste the money? I'd just go buy a rifle that is already set up to mount a scope.
You should be able to get a replacement rear sight from Numrich Gun Parts for it.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Old 01-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
Deader Bears=Better Bears

Liked 5608 Times on 3299 Posts
Likes Given: 4695

init for the pics!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p