Now I must have one...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Now I must have one...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 10:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Now I must have one...

I did this with a bud of mine in the desert.

Now I must have a Ruger 10/22.... period, what a nice little rifle. My next purchase for sure.

glenthoughts
http://glenthoughts.blogspot.com

My .45 is a part of me, I trust it with my life, and train with it. First one to the giblets wins. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-16-2009, 11:05 PM   #2

And $500.00 worth of modifications later. You'll still love it. They are addictive as crap.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:23 PM   #3

Liked 90 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Glen,
I'll let you shoot mine when you come out.

Jim........

3jpg.jpg  

Old 10-17-2009, 01:12 AM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Here's 1 of mine.

102_7596.jpg  

Old 10-17-2009, 01:21 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I wouldn't mind getting one. I just don't want to get addicted to a 22 just yet...in a couple years, I'm game.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-17-2009, 01:31 AM   #6

Hey MasterPSmith, did you make that stock of did you buy if from somewhere? That thing is super nice. I really like thumbholes, and I really like the fact that that one has finger grooves. Never seen one like that.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 10-17-2009, 05:39 AM   #7

Yer on for that Jim, twist my arm... OK i will shoot it. Knowing you it is a tac driver for sure.

Im thinking right after my payday, i will coordinate a day with you, have you fix my bad habits with my .45 and would love to shoot that 10/22, and im interested in the mini 14 too.

I found a 10/22 at the local gun store, 225 with wood stock, they want more for the black polymer, but I like wood.

I will start with it box stock and just enjoy it, and take the girls shooting, they love shooting 22's, lots of fun with spinners... and various targets they make for them.

then a scope, and so forth...

Stalkingbear,
That is a nice looking rifle. I am so amazed at the quality and price of the Ruger 10/22, truly an all American rifle.
the other thing I was impressed with is how I could put shot after shot within a quarter inch of each other freehand.
I can not wait until my nickles add up to my new rifle...

glenthoughts

My .45 is a part of me, I trust it with my life, and train with it. First one to the giblets wins. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by glenthoughts; 10-17-2009 at 05:50 AM.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:10 AM   #8

I actually found a box of 500 .22 Long Rifle Cyclone High Velocity Hollow Points.

36 bucks.
Turners had just got them in and there were only 4 boxes left. I could only afford one box. I am going to stretch it thin and get the rifle at the end of this month...

Plane Jane Rugger 10/22, I held it tonight when I got the ammo, nice open sights, real purdy wood stock, that is how she will stay for quite a while...

In the communist state of Ka. I get one 10 round clip with it, because we all know that 11th round can kill you...

Can't wait...

glenthoughts

Old 10-22-2009, 09:57 PM   #9

Liked 741 Times on 516 Posts
Likes Given: 773

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenthoughts View Post
I actually found a box of 500 .22 Long Rifle Cyclone High Velocity Hollow Points.

36 bucks.
Turners had just got them in and there were only 4 boxes left. I could only afford one box. I am going to stretch it thin and get the rifle at the end of this month...

Plane Jane Rugger 10/22, I held it tonight when I got the ammo, nice open sights, real purdy wood stock, that is how she will stay for quite a while...

In the communist state of Ka. I get one 10 round clip with it, because we all know that 11th round can kill you...

Can't wait...
I hate the 10/22. A Marlin 60 is much better. BTW, I just bought 2 bricks, 1100 rounds of Centurian 38gr hp's (Aguila) for 52.00 shipped.

With CCI mini mags or Aguila High velocity there is no change in POI. I even tried Aguila subsonic .22lr and the POI was less than 1" lower at 50 yards and they cycled! No grunge left behind in the action that happens w/ bulk .22 ammo. Regular Aguila ammo is Eley primed, Really top notch ammo. For 38gr Hyper-velocity it averages $28.00 per 500, subsonic 40gr. is $24.00 per 500. BTW, The Model 60 is a 14 round tube.

Edit: One on top

Last edited by jpattersonnh; 10-22-2009 at 10:00 PM.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:11 AM   #10

I checked and the Marlin 60 goes for about 165 bucks, some more some less.

The only thing I don't like on it is the tube. The ruger can swap out mags...

I do not know enough about either one to make any more comparisons, input is welcome from others.

I am still leaning toward the Ruger because of the ease of loading and reloading via clip. The one I shot functioned perfectly was box stock and amazingly accurate...

glenthoughts