Novice Rifle Range.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Novice Rifle Range.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
SHC
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Novice Rifle Range.

Hello all.

I work at a summer camp where we serve campers and guests from toddlers to elderly. One of our popular activities is our .22 rifle range.

We are looking to make some improvements and I have some questions that I thought you would be helpful with.

We have been using steel spinning targets in the past and our rifles are .22 bolt action.

What would be a good & safe distance for kids and novice participators to shoot at?

What types of targets or companies would you recommend buying from?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Can't offer an answer to your question, but having done the same thing with the YMCA Adventure Guides (and I'm sure Boy Scouts do to), paper bullseye targets make a great souvenir from camp if you're just using a static target, although the plinking off spinning targets is fun too from a safe distance.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:18 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9168 Times on 3958 Posts
Likes Given: 1436

First, welcome to the forum. When you get a minute, drop by the intro thread and say howdy.

Delighted to see someone working with introducing folks to the fun side of plinking!

We could make dozens of suggestions, but will make one instead- the NRA has a section that deals with advice and guidance on setting up and operating ranges. Give them a try- think the toll free number is 1-800-672-3888. If that does NOT get you some help, come back by and let us know.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

mrt8110 Likes This