Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > new Tasco red dot scope has 2 red dots???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 12:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default new Tasco red dot scope has 2 red dots???

i mounted this new red dot scope on my marlin/glenfield model 60 turned it on . it has 2 dots one on top of the other?? is this normal? if not what do you do to just get 1 red dot?? I am using a red dot scope for the first time and am obviously a rookie. the manual says nothing about have 2 dots?

please advise as i will send it back ASAP if it is defective!!

Bull

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-17-2010, 01:58 AM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNutria View Post
i mounted this new red dot scope on my marlin/glenfield model 60 turned it on . it has 2 dots one on top of the other?? is this normal? if not what do you do to just get 1 red dot?? I am using a red dot scope for the first time and am obviously a rookie. the manual says nothing about have 2 dots?

please advise as i will send it back ASAP if it is defective!!

Bull
Turn off the double tap mode.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 03-17-2010, 01:59 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

yeah i think thats not normal
unless there's some new type of red dot out there or something
send it back

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

Old 03-17-2010, 06:01 AM   #4

Yep, probably not a keeper. Although I have noticed some cheap red dots will work great in daylight, but get fuzzy or show multiple dots when looking thru them while in a dark room.

Unless you might have picked up something like this by mistake?

Simmons Crossbow Red Dot Scope 30mm Sight 851133 FREE S&H 851133, 851133. Simmons Red Dot Sights.

"The older I get, The better I was"

Old 03-17-2010, 11:42 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The tasco intructions say nothing about the double tap mode! i noticed the first time i turned it on there was only one dot. later i mounted on the rifle an now it has 2 dots??WTF?? it is new out of the package. is there a double tap switch that is not mentioned in directions or diagram??

Old 03-18-2010, 02:01 AM   #6

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNutria View Post
The tasco intructions say nothing about the double tap mode! i noticed the first time i turned it on there was only one dot. later i mounted on the rifle an now it has 2 dots??WTF?? it is new out of the package. is there a double tap switch that is not mentioned in directions or diagram??
I was being sarcastic.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #7

Default 2 dots on UTG red/green dot scope

I saw to two dots as you describe and took out the battery and put it back in and now have one dot. Give that a try.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

this is an old post.I had mounted the red dot site backwards on the gun. I turned it around and it only had one dot!!

Bull