new stock

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > new stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 09:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default new stock

hello everybody. im trying to find a target stock with a thumbhole for a remington 597 for a lefty. any feed back would be grand

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

After searching,it appears your only 2 options would be to either have 1 of the stockmakers to make you a stock,or tackle the job yourself. If you try making your own stock,the best choice would to use a laminated stock blank.
If you do attempt it yourself,remember to go slow as you can always take more off-but MUCH harder to put back. If I'm wrong and someone DOES offer 1,I apoligize for not digging enough.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:25 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

trust me ive searched alot as well. unfortunatly i have no wood working skills or the tools so making one is out of the ? for now but thanks anyways

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you