New to the site, looking for some direction from the pros...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > New to the site, looking for some direction from the pros...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New to the site, looking for some direction from the pros...

Good afternoon ya'll,

I've aquired a Mossberg .22 702 Plinkster and have been looking around for few things, hopefully you can help:

I'd like to put a scope on it since my eye sight isn't wasn't it was many years ago - in fact I've found it necessary to use Night Sights on my my Handguns for the contrasting colorsl Figured a Sight would be the best bet for a .22 just don't know what scope and bracket would be best served - don't want to spend too much money. A store here in town is selling a BSA for $79 I've been looking at.

Secpmd: I REALLY want to put a Bi-Pod on it - can I pick up just about anything and moount it? there's no sling mounts on the butt nor the hand rail.

Lastly: i came across a webcross the first day I had the thing and didn't save it, but it offered a 25 round Magazine for $35 and 70 round drum for $50. I've since been unable to find the sight. Does anyone know where to buy a couple 20 round plus mags or how to modifiy mags to make them?

I llo forward to hearing your replies!!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Welcome to the FTF! I don't know which BSA Scope you're talking about. But, at $79 you could probably do better. Look here Rifle Scopes Sale FREE UPS - Discount Riflescopes by Leupold, Swarovski, Nikon, Bushnell, Zeiss, Simmons, Burris, Trijicon & More

People get the government they deserve.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #3

Where are the pros?

Old 11-05-2010, 07:17 PM   #4
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1981 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 591

Not a pro but SWFA has some BSA Sweet 22's on sale for $40+ship. They also have a BSA 4x16 IR for $50+ship. Both scopes have adjustable objective lenses. Simmons is running a 25% off rebate on their scopes. Scopes for 22 lr are usually parallaxed at 50 yds so dont buy a standard rifle scope which are parallaxed at 100 yds. Stay with 22, shotgun or adjustable objective scopes.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 11-06-2010, 12:10 AM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1981 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 591

I now know why Simmons is offering 25% off. Dont buy one. I had a 3x12 AO go bad on a 22 so I returned it . They sent me a new 4x14 Aetec, their top of the line. Great I thought. This is too nice a scope for the 22 so I stuck it on my 308 bolt. It took less than 40 rnds of 308 to break it. I wont be buying anymore Simons scopes. I had to change scopes at the range. I had a bad feeling and brought a Burris 3x9x40 with me along with a torque wrench, bits and a collimeter. I matched the settings from the Simmons and It only took me 6 shots with the Burris to sight in and the last 3 were under an inch.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."