New ruger 10/22 owner my 2nd firearm
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > New ruger 10/22 owner my 2nd firearm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New ruger 10/22 owner my 2nd firearm

sup fellas? im planning on going hunting this fall so im getting ready and getting a small game and a big game rifle. i bought a ruger 10/22 today i got it new with wood stock for 180 out the door. i plan on hunting rabbit and so on with it. can yall post pics of your rugers and tell about the accessories on it? whats the best scope mount for it? i really want a good scope for it any suggestions?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-10-2009, 09:54 PM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

10/22 is best known for the aftermarket stuff for it. You got a good price for new, I was at Wally World today (no pistol ammo but .44 mag-I'm including plinking ammo and sd ammo for all cals but .44 mag) and the Remmy 597 was priced at $175.00, Marlin 60 was a little more. They had no 10/22's.

Anyhoo, be sure to check the major sellers of such stuff. That's Cabela's, Sportsmansguide, Natchez and possibly Gander Mountain (on line Gander is nowhere near in store Gander). There are kits, fancy barrels, fancy stocks and on and on. I've heard some iffy things about the large cap mags that are aftermarket.

I think there will be plenty of responses. There are other threads that deal with the same, too. Look around.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 07-11-2009, 12:48 AM   #3

heres a pic of what it looks like

ruger_1022rb.jpg  

Old 07-11-2009, 01:00 AM   #4

I have a camo sling on it. I'm not a scope fan, so someone else will have to help you. However, dont forget it comes with a scope mount and screws. The 10/22 has so many parts for it. New barrels, tons of different stocks etc. Take a look around online and see what you like. Good choice.

S.S.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:43 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I love this little rifle. I would suggest Changing out the mag release. That is a big one there. There are several out there but the one I like is like a little hill on the bottom if that makes sencse to you. Next, aftermarket mags. There is acompany called butler creek and I believe, the good mags are called the steel lips. There are also mags made by tacticallinc.com. The mags are made out of all aluminium. A little pricy but will last a life time. A mag loader for the cheep plinkin ammo. Butler creek makes em and they look pretty much like the ruger speed loaders. Id ditch the old sights and put on some of the fiber optic type that absorb the sun light and work great in low light conditions. Scope size is all up to you. Unless you do a bit of work to the gun like on the trigger, barrel, and bolt, she will never be a tack diver a a hundred yards so think of that when you go to get your scope. Factory isnt bad out to 50. Oh a little recoil buffer. Yeah I know its a 22 but it does make a differance. Places to look for parts would be cheeper than dirt, sportsmans guide, red star, cdnn sports, copes, just to start of with. There is a ton of places sellig stuff to do with that rifle. Just my two cents Hope some of it helps

SI VIC PACEM PARABELLUM

Old 07-11-2009, 05:28 AM   #6

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

here is two of my 10/22's well ones mine and ones the old ladys...of course shes got the tack driver...with all the goodies...and i got the fake mg42 wannbe...but i can say that i have about 300bucks less in mine...then hers

1022.jpg   10221.jpg  

Old 07-11-2009, 01:19 PM   #7

I had one I bought new when I was a teenager and ended up swapping it to my brother for a color tv when I was in college. I liked it a lot and wish I still had it too. I now own a Glenfield Marlin Model 60 22 rifle, along with a Sears & Roebuck Model 2C bolt action 22w/magazine and a Remingtom Model 510 single shot bolt action..

Old 07-13-2009, 03:59 PM   #8

I think everyone at one point or another in their lifetime of shooting has either owned or at the very very least shot a 10/22 and for good reason. It's a great rifle all the way around, with about a bazillion accessories in all price points made for it, allowing each owner to literally build their ideal rifle for their particular game, personality or plinking enjoyment.

For the price the 10/22 is nothing short of outstanding.

If you want to go the "inexpensive" route (note I didn't say cheap), you can always just slap a basic, inexpensive BSA or Leapers scope on the thing and go blast squirrels, rabbits, tin cans and paper for the next 50 years. Nothing wrong with that. For me the thought process is "why spend more on the scope than I did on the rifle." You know?

Other than that, my best advice is to buy some higher capacity magazines, as .22 is always so fun to shoot, especially with a good rifle, that you don't want to spend more time loading magazines than having fun shooting.

Josh

http://www.joshuasilverman.com

Old 07-24-2009, 06:26 PM   #9

Have a 10/22 with an ATI folding stock, red dot scope and hot lips mag.

Great gun to plink with and is dead on when zeroed in.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:31 PM   #10

If you want to pay more for your add ons then the 10/22 check out the eye candy at

RFC Home