New plinker has arrived ! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

New plinker has arrived !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 04:35 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 364 Times on 232 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573

Wow overkill from the goverment
Lmao no kidding man.
I used to wonder why so few people had ARs around me, used to think it was mainly due to having to be at a proper range to discharge them and that was all.....I now see why.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:39 AM   #12

Liked 40 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido

Lmao no kidding man.
I used to wonder why so few people had ARs around me, used to think it was mainly due to having to be at a proper range to discharge them and that was all.....I now see why.
time for u to move across the border lol

Old 01-27-2012, 04:43 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

time for u to move across the border lol
You know, if I wasn't already accepted into the CAF (least as far as paper work, physical, mental and aptitude tests go) and have to wait I think six months before I can even apply for residency, nor have a pretty good life up on this side of the border, I most defiantly would.

I'd even be able to pop in and surprise my brother and sister haba

Old 01-27-2012, 04:45 AM   #14

Quote:

You know, if I wasn't already accepted into the CAF (least as far as paper work, physical, mental and aptitude tests go) and have to wait I think six months before I can even apply for residency, nor have a pretty good life up on this side of the border, I most defiantly would.

I'd even be able to pop in and surprise my brother and sister haba
True can u get a ruger 10/22

Old 01-27-2012, 04:53 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

True can u get a ruger 10/22
Yup, I would of got one except I was also on the market for one atthe same time I was buying my girls rifle, so didn't have the money (at the time) to buy hers and mine. It's why I went with th Mossberg 702 plinkster.

I can get any caliber I'd like, and can afford, with the license I have (think its the same as your guys class 1) my PAL(purchase and acquisition license) so long as its over a certain length, doesn't have an adjustable stock, if so it has to be pinned, barrel length of over (pretty sure) 16 or 18" and the overall length can't be any shorter then 30/40". The last one I'll have to double check since I'm not sure on it at all.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:59 AM   #16

Quote:

Yup, I would of got one except I was also on the market for one atthe same time I was buying my girls rifle, so didn't have the money (at the time) to buy hers and mine. It's why I went with th Mossberg 702 plinkster.

I can get any caliber I'd like, and can afford, with the license I have (think its the same as your guys class 1) my PAL(purchase and acquisition license) so long as its over a certain length, doesn't have an adjustable stock, if so it has to be pinned, barrel length of over (pretty sure) 16 or 18" and the overall length can't be any shorter then 30/40". The last one I'll have to double check since I'm not sure on it at all.
We dont need a license if we want to carry we have to get a ccw license or if we want a full auto then we have to get a class 3 license that cost alot

Old 01-27-2012, 05:05 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

We dont need a license if we want to carry we have to get a ccw license or if we want a full auto then we have to get a class 3 license that cost alot
So to buy a hunting rifle or really any type of firearm all that's needed down there is a clean background check and the money for anything other then a full-auto?

That's the other stupid thing about Canada, nowhere in the country is it legal to carry a firearm for self-defense. Only way you can get away with using one for that is if your out hunting, at the range or if someone breaks into your house. Even if they break in, I'm not sure of wether or not there would be legal issues.

(here's a link so you can see just how silly our gun control is up here http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/rp-eng.htm )

Old 01-27-2012, 05:10 AM   #18

Quote:

So to buy a hunting rifle or really any type of firearm all that's needed down there is a clean background check and the money for anything other then a full-auto?

That's the other stupid thing about Canada, nowhere in the country is it legal to carry a firearm for self-defense. Only way you can get away with using one for that is if your out hunting, at the range or if someone breaks into your house. Even if they break in, I'm not sure of wether or not there would be legal issues.

(here's a link so you can see just how silly our gun control is up here http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/rp-eng.htm )
Pretty much lol and u guy have some stupid laws there

Old 01-27-2012, 05:13 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

Pretty much lol and u guy have some stupid laws there
That's some cool stuff.

Lmao I know man, but one of them is about to be abolished.
That's the long gun registry, witch means any hunting rifle or shot gun had to be registered with a data base so they know who owns it and when sold, it had to be re-registered to that person.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:20 AM   #20

Quote:

That's some cool stuff.

Lmao I know man, but one of them is about to be abolished.
That's the long gun registry, witch means any hunting rifle or shot gun had to be registered with a data base so they know who owns it and when sold, it had to be re-registered to that person.
Its been like that down here for as long as I can remember