New (to me) Noise Maker
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > New (to me) Noise Maker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Default New (to me) Noise Maker

AS usual this time if year I make the trek to the Court days festivals in Mt. Sterling & Preston Ky.I look forward all year to this because I always find some great stuff. I mainly go to see all the guns being sold but there are all kinds of things to be seen or had if you spend the time. This year I didn't make it to Mt. Sterling as it took me a full eight hours to cover the small town of Preston. But I did find a really cool High Standard Double Nine Revolver. I have been looking for a good one for a while as was my father in law. Well, he was the lucky one and found one first. Asking me what I thought about it I looked it over and said if he didn't get it I was going to. He wanted one because the memories of his now gone Father. So I really couldn't snake it but I did tease him that I would for a little while. After he was ready to move on with his really cool revo that I really wanted we went to move on. Getting all of maybe 15 yards we come to another table with another Double Nine. It looked almost EXACTLY like the other one. Other than the grips they where twins. And the only difference there was this one had the High Standard medallions on them. It was in pretty good shape so I had to snap it up. Later while comparing them we got to looking at thew serial n umbers and they are really close to each other! So, two revolvers sold by two different people...Started off life pretty close to each other and now are close again. Really weird I thought.

I also got a nifty shotgun..but that's another thread. No really cool story there though.

I shot it today and it shoots like a dream. I'm really digging this little revo.
Well..Enough long winded explanations..Here it is

d9-2.jpg  

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2563 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

Junkie,

That is Great! I also have one that looks like the one you have in the picture. Purchased it years ago from an elderly gentleman that wanted to sell it. I must be honest I have never shot it. But they are fine little revolvers. High Standard made so good pistols and revolvers. One of my Silhouett guns was a High Standard Victor. "Congrats to both of you on your valuable find!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy