New To Me 10/22
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > New To Me 10/22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 346 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default New To Me 10/22

Sooooo I always told myself that I'd never get one of these things, my reasoning for such a rash statement? Every Joe Blow has one so they aren't very unique. Then I decided I was going to sell or trade my .17HMR.......couldn't sell it worth a damn, least not for a decent price. Then I had this brilliant idea, like all mine though, it back fired already.

I traded my 93R17 GLV with a BSA Sweet 17 for this package figuring it'd be easier to sell since everyone seems to want a 10/22. It came with the rifle, ATI strike force stock with the strike force grip, BSA .22 special 4x32 scope, two factory magazines and the original stock for the gun........also had a stupid "speed loader" that I've no flipping idea how to use. Now you're probably wondering how this could have back fired, aren't you?

Well, I held the rifle in the ATI stock, and the thing feels great. I love the fact that to stock is adjustable for LOP since I'm rather tall (6'some") and my girlfriend is well......not. Like 5'4" not, so the stock will work for both of us. I haven't shot it yet though since I was heading to work when I made the trade. If I have my way, I'll have it out this Saturday having some fun playing with this rig.

The only thing wrong with the original stock is a small ding on the underside of the butt, which isn't really that noticeable at all.

image-2212363297.jpg   image-406082996.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #2

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

A wet cotton ball can sometimes get those small dings out.
Just get it in place and let it set a few minutes. I've got several small dings out that way. I'm one that loves to refinish stocks like that though so I will get the dings out one way or another then come up with some strange idea to stain and seal it. I did one in a cherry stain then used carnauba wax to seal it. Tru Oil works great and will get it looking good too. Good thing about a 10-22 is you can try all kinds of things because there are literally tons of them out there really cheap most times. They are a blast to shoot.
I like them so much I have a few here and have bought I can't even remember how many. THe only downside to fiddeling wi ththem is your friends see it and want it. But if I can make enough to get another one I'm pretty good top go with it..heh

Great find. Have a blast with it.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie
A wet cotton ball can sometimes get those small dings out. Just get it in place and let it set a few minutes. I've got several small dings out that way. I'm one that loves to refinish stocks like that though so I will get the dings out one way or another then come up with some strange idea to stain and seal it. I did one in a cherry stain then used carnauba wax to seal it. Tru Oil works great and will get it looking good too. Good thing about a 10-22 is you can try all kinds of things because there are literally tons of them out there really cheap most times. They are a blast to shoot. I like them so much I have a few here and have bought I can't even remember how many. THe only downside to fiddeling wi ththem is your friends see it and want it. But if I can make enough to get another one I'm pretty good top go with it..heh Great find. Have a blast with it.

I've only ever shot one other 10-22, but that was a few years ago. I enjoyed it, but think I'll like this one better with this stock.
I've also got someone else offering an unmodified one for my sporterized Eddystone, I'm actually a little tempted on accepting the trade since it's the only decent offer I've gotten for it.......would also give me another rifle to customize myself.
I'll be sure to try the cotton ball trick out though.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #4

Liked 42 Times on 29 Posts

Those speed loaders are nice. My buddy has one and says you can't get them anymore. (I don't know if it's true or not). But if you don't like it. I'll put an offer down.

Looks like a fun set up !

Old 10-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

image-2742330099.jpg

Just picked up this one for my son and he loves it. He's already looking at scopes and all kinds of stuff to ad to it.
There just great fun little guns.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:14 AM   #6
jyo

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

EVERYBODY should have at least one 10-22---most fun for the dollar---I have two---one is a full-on Volquartson heavy-barrel cinversion with a Leupold 6.5-20X AO scope on it---simply awesome---10 shots into one ragged hole @50 yards! The other is an older, "pre-warning" 10-22 "Deluxe Sporter" model that is almost stock (triggerjob, Volquartson bolt-release, etc) that performs it's open-sight 22 rifle role perfectly---nice and handy.
The speed loader device you have is REALLY good for loading those 25rd magazines...

Old 10-12-2013, 03:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyo
EVERYBODY should have at least one 10-22---most fun for the dollar---I have two---one is a full-on Volquartson heavy-barrel cinversion with a Leupold 6.5-20X AO scope on it---simply awesome---10 shots into one ragged hole @50 yards! The other is an older, "pre-warning" 10-22 "Deluxe Sporter" model that is almost stock (triggerjob, Volquartson bolt-release, etc) that performs it's open-sight 22 rifle role perfectly---nice and handy. The speed loader device you have is REALLY good for loading those 25rd magazines...

That's my problem though, I don't like fitting in with people haha. Just holding/shoulder the rifle, I like it though. I'm not to sure if I'll keep the scope on mine or swap it out for a red dot. What I do know, is if I do pick up another one of these guys, I'm going to look for a stock that resembles an AR and try building myself a rifle that's similar to the C7A2(M16A2). Only thing I won't be doing is adding an Elcan optic to it since those seen to be about $2,000 a piece.

As for the speed loader, I tried using it on the factory 10 rounders I've got, not gonna happen. It didn't seem to feed into the mags properly and was quicker by hand, but I know when I grab a 25 rounder, I'm going to use it for sure. Those things suck trying to hand bomb them.

Last edited by kaido; 10-12-2013 at 03:24 AM.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:55 AM   #8
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

my biggest problem with the 10/22 is the factory trigger. if i owned one, it would be the first thing if only thing i changed on it. other than that, they are pretty decent rifles for the money.

Old 10-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #9

Liked 2042 Times on 1069 Posts
Likes Given: 392

My 10/22 is pictured (center) as part of what I call 'The Dianne Feinstein Collection'

I won't lie, the 10/22 was the 'gateway drug' that got me thinking I needed an AR15 (pictured as well)

Now, I'm thinking I need a full-length AR and/or an AR10....... and another source of income.....

photo.jpg  
Old 11-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

image-199497390.jpg

nice set you have going there this is one of my 10/22's its a build in progress the trigger is all done and the stock otherwise its stock