Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > New guy here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 01:59 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New guy here

Hey everyone. I am Colin, and I just recently (today) picked up my first .22 and first actual fire arm. I got it for $30, so it isn't the best of the best, but for $30 how could I beat it? It is a Rossi/Braztech M2022.. It is missing the back sight (went to my local gun smith and he ordered me one for $12) but other than that I think it's in alright shape. They are going online for about $100 used, so I feel like I got a decent deal. If anyone has any advice, tips, or anything of that nature this new shooter would be much appreciative..

P.S. I have shot guns before, just never owned one, so I am very familiar with safety and such... But any other tips, tricks, or anything I should know, please feel free to share!!

Sorry for the terribly quality pictures.. Phone camera, you know how it is..

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2226 Times on 1446 Posts

Safety first! Alot of talk about crappy remington .22 ammo, most other is ok. Get a cleaning kit and use it, it is a must. Practice, then use the steadiest hold, and get the tightest group on a paper target. Post results to this forum.

Feral cat waterboarder