Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > New Barrel Mishaps.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New Barrel Mishaps.

I bought a new .920 bull barrel for a 10/22, and I can't clear it after I'm done shooting. The unfired round can't be extracted, and has to be fired with a dropped magazine so it extracts the empty casing itself, or I have to pry the round out of the chamber with a screwdriver. All other operations are normal. For the record, the standard barrel works flawlessly. Does the barrel need to wear in, or am I overlooking something?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-11-2008, 01:57 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Eather your extractor is not hooking the case properly or the chamber is alittle tight. If the round comes out easily with the screw driver then I would guess that your extractor is not hooking up properly. This could be caused by the extractor not being properly alined with the notch cut for it in the barrel, or it might be caused by just not being long enough to to reach the frount of the rim of the case. My best guess is that it is one of these things. It is possible though that your chamber is to tight, not likely though. If you get alot or resistance when you pry out a round I would recomand you get a bore swab coat it with JB bore polish and chunk it in an electric drill an polish you chamber. Be carefull not to run it into the rifleings.

Catfish
Ohio