Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Need some 22/45 help PLEASE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 02:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 666 Times on 355 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Default Need some 22/45 help PLEASE

Okay. I have three hand guns; a S&W 9mm, a 410/45 Judge, and a Ruger 22/45. I'm going for the CCW class/test this weekend and went shooting to test two of them.

The S&W is about as accurate as a three year old with a sling shot. The 22/45 on the other hand will hit 10 out of 10 shots on a 9" target at 15 yards (required in the test) and 25 yards off a bench as well. I stretched it out and got 7 out of ten at 45 yards.

Anyway, I got home and started to cleaning it and ran through it all. I got it reassembled and now it sticks with the slide bolt pulled all the way out. I don't have to push the bolt stop up for tghe bolt it to stick all the way out and if starts sticking at about 50% of the slide.

To get it to hold open all I have to do is just let go of it after it's been pulled all the way open.

I've disassembled and reassembled the damn thing at least 10 times in a row and I can't figure out the fuquing dysfunction. Help???? Please???? I'll give ya a dollar...

They wont let me shoot The Judge when it's strongest and with the 45's it's about effen worthless and I would do better by just throwing the damn S&W at the target past 10 yards so I need this damn thing working right.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Last edited by CourtJester; 09-16-2010 at 12:17 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-16-2010, 02:53 AM   #2

Pretty please????

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 09-16-2010, 02:54 AM   #3

Come on.. A dollar....

~George Washington

Old 09-16-2010, 03:19 AM   #4

Do they make an IWB holster for an 870 Remington?

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
-Ayn Rand

Old 09-16-2010, 03:25 AM   #5

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
Okay. I have three hand guns; a S&W 9mm, a 410/45 Judge, and a Ruger 22/45. I'm going for the CCW class/test this weekend and went shooting to test the two.
The S&W is about as accurate as a three year old with a sling shot. The 22/45 on the other hand will hit 10 out of 10 shots on a 9" target at 15 yards (required in the test) and 25 yards off a bench as well. I stretched it out and got 7 out of ten at 45 yards.
Anyway, I got home and started to cleaning it and ran through it all. I got it reassembled and now it sticks with the slide bold pulled all the way out. I don't have to push the bold hold latch up for it to hold all the way out and if starts sticking at about 50% of the slide. To get it to hold open I have to either just let go of it after it's been all the way open or pulling it all the way out, pushing up on the switch and actually smacking it forward. I've disassembled and reassembled the damn thing at least 10 times in a row and I can't figure out the fuquing dysfunction. Help???? Please???? I'll give ya a dollar...
They wont let me shoot The Judge when it's strongest and with the 45's it's about effen worthless and I would do better by just throwing the damn S&W at the target past 10 yards so I need this damn thing working right.

Jester,

Your write up is extreamly hard to read and understand. Please re-write it and maybe we can help you. If you don't know the proper word for a part, I have no idea what a "Bold Hold Latch" is, you can go to google and research a schematic of your weapon and that will help. Right now I have no idea what you are trying to say other than you can't get your weapon to work right. BTW I have a few S&W weapons and find them very accurate and easy to shoot. What model do you have maybe I can help you with that one. I've been a firearms instructor for a couple of years.

Scubie

ps. if this was a joke I take it all back.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:47 AM   #6

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Jester,

Your write up is extreamly hard to read and understand. Please re-write it and maybe we can help you. If you don't know the proper word for a part, I have no idea what a "Bold Hold Latch" is, you can go to google and research a schematic of your weapon and that will help. Right now I have no idea what you are trying to say other than you can't get your weapon to work right. BTW I have a few S&W weapons and find them very accurate and easy to shoot. What model do you have maybe I can help you with that one. I've been a firearms instructor for a couple of years.

Scubie

ps. if this was a joke I take it all back.
I am going out on a limb thinking the OP had a problem with the reassembly of a Ruger 22/45. See below...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 09-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #7

Outstanding. Thanks for the video.
And yeah, that was a little tough to read. I got a little peeved after fooling with it and broke into the rum before trying to post.

~George Washington