need help with winchester model 310

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > need help with winchester model 310

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 01:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default need help with winchester model 310

I have a winchester model 310 and I want to remove the bolt to clean it. I have tried the usual tricks but none have worked. Is anyone familiar with the proceedure of removing the bolt on this model? Thanks in advance.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-21-2009, 03:06 AM   #2

Liked 79 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Have you taken it out of the stock yet? possibly that might give you some ideas on how its put together.

Old 04-27-2009, 05:00 AM   #3

With the model 310 you need to turn the safety off, open the bolt, squeeze and hold the trigger fully then slide the bolt rearward. Make sure the bolt is completely out of the receiver before you let the trigger return.

Mine is a little temperamental and I need to work the bolt a little while holding the trigger. It seems that some of them don't disengage the catch completely and you need to coax it out. I have also heard of a few that need to be dry fired (firing pin released) before they will come out.

Just remember DON'T FORCE IT!!

Good luck.