A Near Perfect Christmas - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > A Near Perfect Christmas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 06:34 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Default It's Here!

Well guys, on Tuesday, after nearly three weeks of waiting I was finally able to get the Ruger 10/22 that I wanted originally for Christmas. Without further ado, here it is!

As you all can see, I ended up getting the Ruger 10/22 Deluxe Sporter Edition. I have to say that not only do I absolutely love the American Walnut stock, but the rifle itself overall fits me better than the carbine model. I also love the fact that it has sling mounts already built into the stock. The action is nice and the weight is balanced well too. As of right now, I just absolutely love this rifle. The weather is still a bit nasty here; therefore it may be a couple of weeks more before I can post a range report. However, do not worry because I will post it on here as soon as I can get to it. I have about 200 rounds of Blazer and 300 rounds of CCI Mini Mags that are just waiting to be used.

I do have a couple of questions to ask all of you experienced Ruger 10/22 owners out there. First of all, I plan on getting a scope for the rifle, and after doing quite a bit of research I think I might go with the Mueller APV 4x16x40mm to perform both plinking and target practice duties. However, if any of you guys have any better suggestions, then I am all ears. I have also heard that the scope base mount that comes with the Ruger 10/22 is crap and that it is advisable to buy something else that is built better. Does anybody have any suggestions on a good multi notched Weaver and/or picatinny base mount that is built well, but will not obscure the basic iron sights of the rifle so they can still be used?

Another issue I have is rifle slings, anybody have any good advice on those? How about rifle cleaning kits? I will admit right now that I am not a big fan of the Outers brand of cleaning kits, but I do not know what else would be a better brand to go with. Last but not least is a good rifle case. I am thinking about maybe buying one of those Allen Ruger 10/22 soft cases for the range, but I need something that is built well enough as a hard case for storage at home. I have heard that the Browning plastic hard cases are nice, but I was wondering what any of you might suggest would be a good brand to look into that is not going to break the bank.

Anyway, all suggestions are welcomed, and I am glad that I am finally member of the Ruger 10/22 Kool-Aid Drinking Fan Club now!

"Surpress all compassion and you bear a weapon far greater than any held in the hand." - The Psychology of the Assassin

Last edited by Major Kusanagi; 01-14-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:20 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 48

That´s a beautiful rifle, congratulations! Have you looked at bore snake type cleaning kits? It´s really easy and fast to clean the barrel with them. I bought the Knock Out bore snake for my CZ .22.