Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > My Zastava Arms CZ99 Precision

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default My Zastava Arms CZ99 Precision

Manufactured by Zastava Arms from Serbia, this .22LR was exported to Australia. I purchased it locally in Melbourne.

Maybe I will write more and add better photos, which I know I have because I took some during cleaning, and I clean this rifle diligently.

Anyway I hope you like it.
D.

dsc00694.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-08-2011, 11:57 AM   #2

I have the Remington Mdl Five version imported by Remington a few years back. USSG is now importing the rifle with a walnut stock. Mine has a laminated stock. Great rifle, and much to the consternation of some of my buddies, it out shoots my CZ 452 and most of theirs as well at 50 yards. My favorite squirrel rifle. Just enough weight to be very stable shooting off hand. I need to lighten the trigger a little to match the trigger on my CZ.

Very nice bluing, by the way. DF

Old 12-16-2011, 04:10 PM   #3

Just bought one of these myself, when I upgraded from air rifles to 22 rimfire (for pest control). It's also known as the Zastava MP22 in Europe. It's my first 22, so I don't have much to compare it against -- apart from the air rifle I traded in for it. I traded a Gamo Hunter 440 DX combo in .177, with 18 fpe energy rating. It's like night and day -- the Zastava has far less recoil than the air rifle, is much quieter with a 40db silencer and subsonic ammo, and is much more precise -- which I put down to a lighter trigger as well as the greatly reduced recoil. Only shot a hundred or so rounds through it at 25 metres so far, due to lousy weather, but I'm shooting one-inch groups already freestanding. When the weather improves, I'm looking forward to getting in some serious practice with what I think will turn out to be an excellent rifle.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:28 PM   #4

I also have one as a Remington #5. Great rifle! Knew it was a keeper right away. Only thing I didn't like was the 5 rd mag.

FYI with about 5 minutes of modification the 10 rd Mossy Plinkster mags work just fine in these rifles.

"The older I get, The better I was"

Old 12-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #5

Default My Zastava Arms CZ99 Precision

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhesr View Post
I also have one as a Remington #5. Great rifle! Knew it was a keeper right away. Only thing I didn't like was the 5 rd mag.

FYI with about 5 minutes of modification the 10 rd Mossy Plinkster mags work just fine in these rifles.

OK, I'll bite.

1. Which Mossy Plinkster mag? Is it the "Mossberg 95702 702 Plinkster 22LR 10-round autoloading magazine"?
2. Did your mod consist of simply filing a notch in the position indicated to engage the mag retaining catch in the Zastava?

aka Coypu Hunter on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/dRUCYjNGOWFawnxZuf4cwQ
Zastava CZ99 Precision, Hawke AirMax EV 4-12X50 AO scope, SAK silencer
Weihrauch HW97K .177 15 fpe, Walther 3-9X40 AO scope

Last edited by Ratterminator; 12-24-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #6

Yup! Thats about all there is to it.

Use the Mossberg 702 Plinkster - Item #95702 .22lr mags shown under the rifle in the top photo.

Modify it by grinding or filing off the little bump out shown in the bottom left pic.

Then file a shallow line, (distance from the feed lips and a square edge at the top of the filed area are important!) on the mossy mag and you are good to go.

The body size and feed lips angle of the 702 mag are the same as the Rem #5 mag. It fits snug in the rifle and feeds 100%.

To be fair, this was not my idea. Seen it on another forum, tried it and liked the way they work. Good luck, Ken

"The older I get, The better I was"

Old 12-25-2011, 01:30 PM   #7

Default My Zastava CZ99 Precision

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhesr View Post
Yup! Thats about all there is to it.

Use the Mossberg 702 Plinkster - Item #95702 .22lr mags shown under the rifle in the top photo.

Modify it by grinding or filing off the little bump out shown in the bottom left pic.

Then file a shallow line, (distance from the feed lips and a square edge at the top of the filed area are important!) on the mossy mag and you are good to go.

The body size and feed lips angle of the 702 mag are the same as the Rem #5 mag. It fits snug in the rifle and feeds 100%.

To be fair, this was not my idea. Seen it on another forum, tried it and liked the way they work. Good luck, Ken
Many thanks again for the rapid and clear feedback! Three 10-round mags on order, files ready for use!

aka Coypu Hunter on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/dRUCYjNGOWFawnxZuf4cwQ
Zastava CZ99 Precision, Hawke AirMax EV 4-12X50 AO scope, SAK silencer
Weihrauch HW97K .177 15 fpe, Walther 3-9X40 AO scope