My remington scoremaster .22 rifle - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > My remington scoremaster .22 rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Attachment 33326

Attachment 33327

It has a rifled bore and the rear sight is attached to the barrel
From the picture you provided it looks like DFF. Is that correct?

Old 09-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #12

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver

From the picture you provided it looks like DFF. Is that correct?
It almost looks like it could be DRR.. The bottom part of the letters didnt seem to imprint

Old 09-27-2011, 07:27 PM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
It almost looks like it could be DRR.. The bottom part of the letters didnt seem to imprint
DRR works better than DFF.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #14

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver

DRR works better than DFF.
And on the right side of the barrel in front of the receiver it has a small proof mark and the number 25 upside down

image-1918080568.jpg

Old 09-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #15

Liked 61 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 46

I acquired a 514 Scoremaster a few months ago for $25. The previous owners said it wasnt accurate. The bolt was hard or impossible to open and close. The first thing I did was take the side mount scope off. The mounting screws were interfearing with the bolt. I made a rear sight to replace the missing origional. When I shot it the first time, I was extremely thrilled with the 1 inch group at 50 yds. To me, it is a tack driver that can definately out shoot me. At times I feel guilty aboue what I paid for it. They are great guns that preform well.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dteed4094 View Post
I acquired a 514 Scoremaster a few months ago for $25. The previous owners said it wasnt accurate. The bolt was hard or impossible to open and close. The first thing I did was take the side mount scope off. The mounting screws were interfearing with the bolt. I made a rear sight to replace the missing origional. When I shot it the first time, I was extremely thrilled with the 1 inch group at 50 yds. To me, it is a tack driver that can definately out shoot me. At times I feel guilty aboue what I paid for it. They are great guns that preform well.
Yep, my old Rem. 512 shoots nickle sized groups at 50 yards with Fed. 550 Bulk Box ammo despite being 69 years old. I will say I had to put a scope on it for the benefit of my old eyes, the irons got pretty hard to see.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:36 AM   #17

Liked 61 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Yup, mine is not at all fussy what you put down the tube. When I got mine I got a baggy with several differant kinds of ammo. I could hear the dif but it didnt seem to have an affect on accuracy.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.