My new 22.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > My new 22.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 01:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Here's mine is it to big? The grAy one. ...
Weight wise

[ATTACH]67678[/ATTACH

image-505514734.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-02-2012, 02:26 AM   #2

Liked 74 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 35

A good gun is never too big, when it's something you'll cherish the rest of your life. However, rifles with scopes as a package deal, are priced(my opinion) too high, because they charge $100 or more for the scope/rings/base mounts, that's worth maybe $25 and they are not worth it. Trust me, that's the cheapest of the cheapest, Chinese scope you will find without a name on it. Yeah. they might work for maybe 6months, but if you need to change it out for a better scope anyway, because it broke, that's $100 or more, you could of saved and applied to the much better scope of YOUR choice. Get the rifle you like, without the scope/ring package and you'll have a MUCH NICER rifle package with choosing your own scope and rings that will last a lifetime. Or let us here help you with that scope/rings if you have scopes to choose between.
Del

Old 11-02-2012, 05:22 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 61 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Triumphman has it pretty much right but be aware that even a lot of big-name, luxury scopes are made on the same production lines as those no-name cheapies, by the same people! Exactly how much you have to pay to get the quality you think you are buying, I don't know. Use this scope to learn with as you enjoy hunting or target shooting with your new rifle, then if you really feel the need for a more advanced optic (more advanced; not just more expensive!) you will have a greater base of knowledge to support your purchase decision.

"History teaches that war begins when nations believe that the price of aggression is cheap." - Ronald Reagan

Old 11-02-2012, 05:31 AM   #4

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

As the previous posters said on the scope-the packages are usually a junky deal. As to the rifle-they suck. Triggers are like anvils, the receivers are cheap brittle pot metal, they start having fail to fires at about 2500 rounds, are a royal pain in the butt to put back together, if not done ABSOLUTELY RIGHT on reassembaly you will screw up the buffer springs. Save your $ and buy a marlin xt, marlin model 60, 795 or a ruger 10/22. None of which has the problems of the Remington 597 you are lookin at OP.