my first marlin model 60. what accessories are available for it?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > my first marlin model 60. what accessories are available for it?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7
Default my first marlin model 60. what accessories are available for it?

i plan on getting a bipod and scope 3x9x40, and laser. i was wondering if there was anything else out there that can be fitted onto this piece. rails?, muzzels?, ect.

i would like to make this into a low cal sniper rifle. just for fun and conversation piece.

thanks
chris

__________________
hartmen is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 12-24-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Hop over to the Introductions section and let us know a little about you.

__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:23 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 188
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Default

Sounds to me like you need a Ruger 10-22. There is just about every accessory that you can think of for those guns. And just as they come from the factory they are great little guns.

There is even a device that takes two of the barreled actions and basically turns them into a Gatling gun!

__________________

(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Win73 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7
Default

omg are you serious. that would be awesome. yes after i got this marlin i realized the ruger 10/22 would be better suited for what i wanted to do. but since ive got the marlin there isnt no since to get rid of it. i just have to find myself a ruger also!

__________________
hartmen is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 188
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartmen View Post
omg are you serious. that would be awesome. yes after i got this marlin i realized the ruger 10/22 would be better suited for what i wanted to do. but since ive got the marlin there isnt no since to get rid of it. i just have to find myself a ruger also!
You are right. There is never any sense in getting rid of any gun. I always just add now. Over the past 40 years I got rid of several. Wish I had most of them back now!

And, yes I am serious about the 10-22 Gatling gun. The two barreled actions mount on the device so the magazines stick out to the side. With two 50 round magazines, you could spit out 100 rounds in short order. And since you have to keep turning the crank, it is not classed as an automatic weapon and no special license or permit is required.
__________________

(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Win73 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:44 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7
Default

i just looked one up on youtube. neat idea but i wouldnt classify that under a traditional gatling gun.

__________________
hartmen is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:54 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sayner,Wisconsin
Posts: 35
Default

All is not lost, your Marlin 60 will shoot circles around a 10/22, until you drop about $250 on the Ruger. Enjoy your Marlin while you save up for your Ruger.

__________________
doggone06 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:36 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 5,035
Liked 728 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 756

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggone06 View Post
All is not lost, your Marlin 60 will shoot circles around a 10/22, until you drop about $250 on the Ruger. Enjoy your Marlin while you save up for your Ruger.
I agree 100%. The Marlin 60 is a much better platform. Simply scope it and enjoy.
__________________
jpattersonnh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:04 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
big shrek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NW Florida
Posts: 1,310
Liked 72 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 539

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win73 View Post
Sounds to me like you need a Ruger 10-22. There is just about every accessory that you can think of for those guns. And just as they come from the factory they are great little guns.

There is even a device that takes two of the barreled actions and basically turns them into a Gatling gun!
hold the phone there a minute, sparky...Marlins have LOTS of accessories.

But never turn someone towards a product where aftermarket suppliers have made it possible to make a BETTER weapon OUT OF PARTS than what is made by the MFR. Especially the most imprecise out-of-the-box rifle known to mankind, the Ruger 10/22. The reason there are so many aftermarket parts producers for the 10/22 is because IT REQUIRES THEM!!!

With a Marlin, all you generally need is a quick trigger job & bolt polishing...and making sure your ejector wire is in the proper position to outshoot and outperform CZ's.

Marlin Accessories, you ask? Here's some.
Marlin 60/795 Accessories








And that is by no means all. TONS of stuff out there, for those that take the time to look.

AND...every stock that you can stick a 10/22 in, can be modded to fit a Marlin 795 or 60.
__________________

Calico Specialist
Marlin Specialist
I'm not just Trigger Happy, I'm Trigger Ecstatic!!


Last edited by big shrek; 01-24-2010 at 11:09 PM.
big shrek is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:38 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jamnmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ,AZ
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by big shrek View Post
hold the phone there a minute, sparky...Marlins have LOTS of accessories.

But never turn someone towards a product where aftermarket suppliers have made it possible to make a BETTER weapon OUT OF PARTS than what is made by the MFR. Especially the most imprecise out-of-the-box rifle known to mankind, the Ruger 10/22. The reason there are so many aftermarket parts producers for the 10/22 is because IT REQUIRES THEM!!!

With a Marlin, all you generally need is a quick trigger job & bolt polishing...and making sure your ejector wire is in the proper position to outshoot and outperform CZ's.

Marlin Accessories, you ask? Here's some.
Marlin 60/795 Accessories








And that is by no means all. TONS of stuff out there, for those that take the time to look.

AND...every stock that you can stick a 10/22 in, can be modded to fit a Marlin 795 or 60.


hey big shrek where'd ya find the bolt handle extension? the gold one I need to get one for my rifle.
__________________

letmef u c k i n gggooglethatforyou.com

jamnmike is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Marlin Model 57 .22 SL and LR moviezombie .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 7 09-22-2011 11:36 PM
marlin model 60. what accessories are available for this? hartmen .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 0 12-24-2009 12:56 AM
Marlin model 60 SS Gordo323 .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 1 09-21-2009 03:42 AM
Marlin Model 60 mike481 .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 14 02-11-2009 01:29 AM
Marlin Model 92 Handyman Gunsmithing Forum 2 02-07-2009 04:52 PM