Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Mossberg plinkster?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 05:22 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 326 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightExpress

Yeah, he sounds little young, at least young compared to me. So I figured it was his first rifle but his procedure and the video were just fine. After looking for some information on the 702 trigger group and other internal parts it seems a good parts diagram and description are hard to find. So I'll cut him some slack on the terms. Ya' know, for now anyway.

After watching that and few other 702 videos I'm really wondering how close the trigger group is to the Ruger 10/22 and the bolt is to the Marlin 60/795 series. And I'm just crazy enough to buy one for the sole purpose of finding out if any parts are compatible between them.
You know, if I had the extra money laying around I would Actually do that. But since I just bought two rifles and a gun case, I'm a little low on money for the next week or so.

But I guess if you do end up buying a 702 and the parts turn out to be incompatible with each other you've still got another fun little plinking/gopher gun to play with. Haha

Old 12-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #42

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
You know, if I had the extra money laying around I would Actually do that. But since I just bought two rifles and a gun case, I'm a little low on money for the next week or so.

But I guess if you do end up buying a 702 and the parts turn out to be incompatible with each other you've still got another fun little plinking/gopher gun to play with. Haha
I'm still being kicked in the stones from Christmas and Thanksgiving. February is looking okay though, so maybe then. I would like to get my Smith & Wesson 22A first, but we'll see how things look in the next couple of months.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:17 PM   #43

Liked 326 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightExpress

I'm still being kicked in the stones from Christmas and Thanksgiving. February is looking okay though, so maybe then. I would like to get my Smith & Wesson 22A first, but we'll see how things look in the next couple of months.
That's pretty much how things are going for me too.
I'm not sure if I want to pick up a .410 for gophers and other small critters that I catch running around or if I want to stick with getting the savage. Either one won't be in my hands for at least a good month or two though.