Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Mossberg Chuckster 640k (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/mossberg-chuckster-640k-36355/)

jgand72 01-03-2011 02:43 AM

Mossberg Chuckster 640k

Hey guy, I just started shooting, so I'm still in the crawl stage. My father and I decided we should put to use the guns he's had for quite a while now. One of them is a Mossberg Chuckster 640K. I can't seem to find any information on it, I just keep finding them up for sale. Maybe I just don't know where to look. Anyway, can anyone give me some general information on this rifle? Thanks

Seamaster 01-03-2011 03:07 AM

Go to RimfireCentral.com, they have a sub-section there for Mossbergs, very knowlegable people there.

jgand72 01-03-2011 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster (Post 413937)
Go to RimfireCentral.com, they have a sub-section there for Mossbergs, very knowlegable people there.

I'll try my luck over there, thanks.

c3shooter 01-03-2011 11:27 AM

Mossberg's motto was "More gun for your money". There are a few of us here that collect older Mossys, but in general, their value is as a shooter- and they did make some very accurate and reliable firearms- for a LOOONG time. There is a Mossberg Collectors Assoc. Vic & Cheryl Havlin (havlinsales.com) are the go-to folks on anything Mossberg, run the Mossberg Collectors Association, and have published "More Gun for the Money: The History of O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc." by Victor Havlin and Cheryl Havlin 1994

cpttango30 01-03-2011 11:34 AM

For information try Damguy's Site.

Mossberg 22 LR Firearms Information Unofficial Small-bore Page Damguy

ajspecial 04-07-2011 02:42 AM

Mossberg Chuckster #640k

I have a Western Auto bolt action 22 mag, Revelation #107. I bought this rifle from a private party in the 1960's, it is a tack driver.
Not too long ago I found out that it was made by Mossberg and its a model Chuckster #640K, excellent quality and beautiful stock, you have quite a rifle, enjoy.

Overk1ll 04-07-2011 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgand72 (Post 413925)
Hey guy, I just started shooting, so I'm still in the crawl stage. My father and I decided we should put to use the guns he's had for quite a while now. One of them is a Mossberg Chuckster 640K. I can't seem to find any information on it, I just keep finding them up for sale. Maybe I just don't know where to look. Anyway, can anyone give me some general information on this rifle? Thanks

Mossberg has a site they advocate. The Mossberg Museum. Havlinsales.com has Everything Mossberg. I got a clip for my 1943 M42(b).

loosenuts 04-07-2011 12:14 PM

Everyone here is pointing you in the right direction with the sites mention. You will find these rifles quite accurate with most ammo and real accurate with some ammo. You'll just have to figure out for yours, LOL