Mossberg 715t
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Mossberg 715t

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Default Mossberg 715t

Well, amid the "tactical" craze, I decided to pick one of these up. It's a nice enough little unit. I like it, but I'm still wondering if I shouldn't have picked up another 10/22. Time will tell. I've put about 200 rounds though it so far and it shoots great. It looks nice, feels ok. Breaking it down is a huge PITA, but hopefully that won't have to be done too often.

Here's some pictures...

Well, not a great picture. I need to take some more.
Anyway, anyone else have any experience with these? How do you like it? I wish there was a way to improve the mag release, but for what it is, it's not a bad deal. $280, but I've seen them a little cheaper since I picked it up...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Dan View Post
Well, amid the "tactical" craze, I decided to pick one of these up. It's a nice enough little unit. I like it, but I'm still wondering if I shouldn't have picked up another 10/22. Time will tell. I've put about 200 rounds though it so far and it shoots great. It looks nice, feels ok. Breaking it down is a huge PITA, but hopefully that won't have to be done too often.

Here's some pictures...

Well, not a great picture. I need to take some more.
Anyway, anyone else have any experience with these? How do you like it? I wish there was a way to improve the mag release, but for what it is, it's not a bad deal. $280, but I've seen them a little cheaper since I picked it up...
My mother in law got one for Christmas. I'll have to ask her how she likes it. I bought my wife the S&W15-22. $280 is a pretty good price, as most sell it for $325 but I've seen it as high as $379 recently. I think $299 was the lowest i'd seen prior. I had though about buying one solely on the price point, but after handling one I just wasn't found of it. In comparison to the 15-22 S&W it seemed kinda cheap. (no offense of course, as that wasn't a shooting impression just a handling one)

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts

Bought one for my son. It's a fun inexpensive rifle. It's so light, he can bumper fire it off his hip