Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Mossberg 44US- Now we're cooking!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 02:57 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

yes i am very happy with them. i plan on ordering about two more soon befor they run out. i figure for $65 whats to loose. just stripped the stocks tonight and plan on finishing them soon.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:00 PM   #22

i went to buy a 2 more and it seems the cmp is not selling the mossberg m4's anymore. does anone know if or when more will be in? i tried to register on the cmp forum but was unable to or i would have asked there.
Thanks in advance

Old 04-30-2010, 05:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madderdaddy View Post
i went to buy a 2 more and it seems the cmp is not selling the mossberg m4's anymore. does anone know if or when more will be in? i tried to register on the cmp forum but was unable to or i would have asked there.
Thanks in advance
I asked Orest at CMP and he said they weren't taking anymore orders because he felt they only had enough M44US's on hand to fill the requests they already have.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:56 PM   #24

man, i hope they get some more in some time because i would sure like to get a few more for projects. im very bummed about this

Old 09-28-2010, 04:20 PM   #25

Default 44 u.s.

I can possibly be persueded into parting with mine. I have perhaps too many projects. lol

Old 04-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #26

Default Mossberg 44Us

Madder Daddy, I have a mossberg 44US(a). It is already scoped but the scope is no good except to look at. The original peep sight is missing. The finish is great with no cracks or splits in the stock. The bluing is worn with only a slight amount of pits. The trigger gaurd has some shrinkage that I understand can be fixed with a little heat and a zipcord. The gun shoots great and feeds great. Complete and completely operable except for the peep sight. I would sell it for $275 and you could drive to pick it up since I am only an hour from Charlotte.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #27

Default My first rifle

I got my 44USb about 1948. I fired one at scout camp and fell in love with it. As soon as I got home, I got one. I still have it. Very nice gun, still quite accurate. I fired a perfect score with it, NRA 50-foot target, while shooting with my high school rifle club. My eyes aren't that good any longer, but I put a 'scope on it, and it's still better than I am.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:25 AM   #28

It's best to try and find one with the correct sights on it. You may pay a little more, but it saves the hassle of finding the correct sights.
A very nice on with sights can easily be worth $325-$350.
There are the military models and the commercial models, A, B, C and D models.
They are great shooters.

John K

Old 08-02-2011, 03:09 AM   #29

I inherited a 44US from my father who bought it surplus. I grew up shooting it from childhood, only occasionally. When I was in my 20s, I asked my dad if I could take it to a camp outing where there was a shooting range.

Before I left, I disassembled the action to clean and lube it. I saw a screw in an unusual place and studied its function. By gum, it had an adjustable trigger pull! It had always been set full-hard, so I backed the screw out until it was a hair-trigger. Then, I turned it back in so that it took just a little purpose to release.

I could consistently shoot quarter-size groupings from a standing bench at about 150', I think. I have pretty steady hands, but little experience, so I thought that was okay.

This rifle is still in great condition. No rust, clear barrel, original leather strap, original rear adjustable peep sight and front interchangeable hooded sight. It is drilled and tapped for a scope, but I have no mount for one. I do have 3 original 7-shot magazines.

I absolutely love this rifle.

Last edited by Shofarguy; 08-02-2011 at 03:26 AM.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:02 AM   #30

I took another look at my rifle today. It's a 44US-a with S100 sights. So, I see that it isn't actually a military issue, but rather a commercial product. No matter. It is still one fine gun.

Have any more of you found yours to have an adjustable trigger? Back around 1990 I asked a dealer about it. He had never heard of a Model 44 with that feature. I have yet to read anything indicating such a thing. Am I mistaken? There is a screw and it does adjust the pull of the trigger...

Brian