Mossberg 34 bolt-action single-shot .22 rifle

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Mossberg 34 bolt-action single-shot .22 rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Mossberg 34 bolt-action single-shot .22 rifle

Howdy,

I am new here and I need a little help: I was recently given this old 1934 Mossberg Model 34 .22 cal. single-shot bolt-action rifle. Looks to be all original and fairly good condition. Seems to shoot fairly consistent as well, though I have not sighted it in yet.
After taking the bolt apart to clean out that old "gummy" grease, I found the firing pin has cracks.
So now I am in search of a new (used) firing pin and/or striker assembly and/or a complete bolt assembly. I have learned that the bolt is interchangeable with the Mossberg 30, which is also the Wards Western Field models 35A & 37.
It still fires rounds, but I want to be prepared for the inevitable. I'm not sure if I want to refinish the rifle... I kinda like the rustic and well used look of it.
Any help with a striker/ firing pin/ bolt would be greatly appreciated.

Jesse

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here