Mossberg .22 tactical - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

Mossberg .22 tactical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts

I dont own one yet but ill try to download a pic

Old 07-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #12

Liked 53 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 11

It's just not an AR I don't think anyone said it felt cheap its just not got the AR controls and such. The rails are a molded part of the forfend and quite sturdy. If you want an AR looking, fun and reliable little plinker that you can accessorize it works. If you want an AR trainer that is an accurate clone, this isn't it. For us it was fine, my son just decided to try cowboy shooting, I'm glad we started with this one rather than laying out more for the Smith or Colt.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #13

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

I have one. It is quite a bit lighter than an actual AR as you should expect. The manual push eject and a couple other parts aren't actually parts lol. They are just the shape of it molded into the frame. Adding attachments is super easy. If you are getting a scope you have to add a picatinny rail on top of the carry handle but it's cheap and not at all bulky. It shoots like a champ. I also have a mossberg shotgun that I hunt with and love it too. Great company! It's a great, fun, inexpensive gun. Here's mine, I plan on adding a bipod and a plinker scope.

image-1360689978.jpg

Old 07-22-2012, 12:04 AM   #14

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinM
I have one. It is quite a bit lighter than an actual AR as you should expect. The manual push eject and a couple other parts aren't actually parts lol. They are just the shape of it molded into the frame. Adding attachments is super easy. If you are getting a scope you have to add a picatinny rail on top of the carry handle but it's cheap and not at all bulky. It shoots like a champ. I also have a mossberg shotgun that I hunt with and love it too. Great company! It's a great, fun, inexpensive gun. Here's mine, I plan on adding a bipod and a plinker scope.
There must be different models because the one i looked at had no carry sights.. I think i want carry tho

Old 07-22-2012, 01:02 AM   #15

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 24

The top rifle is a Colt C 4 with a scope mounted on the top of the carrying handle....I like the looks, but with the center line of the scope so far above the bore, you have to play around at what point you want to have your main zero point.
fish-3-2010-009.jpg  

Old 07-23-2012, 02:43 AM   #16

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan01
The top rifle is a Colt C 4 with a scope mounted on the top of the carrying handle....I like the looks, but with the center line of the scope so far above the bore, you have to play around at what point you want to have your main zero point.
That and the M&P are "the best" but it's a .22 and most people don't want to spend a bunch of money for a fancy plinker lol. I went to the range today and took my mossberg so my sister and wife could have a little fun. We put about a thousand rounds through it. The last six or seven hundred were rapid fire 25 round clips as fast as we could pull the trigger.(cool range attendants) and literally had zero fte's. When shooting at about fifty yards and actually aiming we had very tight patterns. I love the mossberg not only for the value but it's a quality gun that works like a 22 should.