Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Marlin XT22tr? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/marlin-xt22tr-48997/)

HotFudge 09-29-2011 03:19 PM

Marlin XT22tr?

I still haven't bought that .22 I've been talking about, but I have a new frontrunner. Would this be a good choice?

Marlin XT22TR 22 BA TUBE 17 SYN $178.00 SHIPS FREE

big shrek 09-30-2011 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotFudge (Post 589343)
I still haven't bought that .22 I've been talking about, but I have a new frontrunner. Would this be a good choice?

Yep :) Marlins ROCK!!

fatmidgets 10-13-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotFudge

I love it! Who wouldn't love up to 25 rounds in a bolt gun!!!

JTJ 10-14-2011 12:02 AM

Looks like it would do the job. The Marlins are known for good accuracy and reliability. Adjustable trigger sounds nice too.

HotFudge 10-19-2011 06:39 PM

Anyone know what kind of rounds this thing likes?

Jeff56 10-19-2011 09:25 PM

I haven't shot an XT yet but I have pulled the trigger on one. It was very nice. It was better than the Savage AccuTrigger IMO and that's pretty good. It was smoother and lighter. I've always thought the triggers were the weak link on the Marlins and now they have fixed that problem it appears. Funny but a guy who claimed to "know" a Marlin rep was on the Rimfire board a couple of years ago asking for comments on how to improve the Marlins. The one thing he said was his friend knew they would never go for a better, lighter trigger. Yeah right. Everyone wanted one but they wouldn't do it? Guess that wasn't such good info.

I'd have to shoot an XT to know for sure but I have 4 Marlins now and 3 of them shoot very well. I have one bolt action version, the 925, and for some reason it's the only one that doesn't shoot all that great. It shoots ok but not like other bolt action .22's I own. It doesn't even shoot as well as my 2 60's. Every rifle is different I guess. I've always suspected a new trigger would help it a lot.

I do need to point out that I've had TWO trigger guards ordered as warranty replacements for months now (one has been ordered for 5 months and the other 4). Marlin actually gave me a bunch of crap about reporting that they broke. A CS rep did call me back and apologize but still no replacements. Both of those trigger guards were defective right from the start IMO and I doubt a new one would be any different. I bought an aluminum one from DIP along with a trigger and it's much better than the original. The other tg still works but it should never have broke the way it did. It's on a 795 and the plastic around the mag well is way too thin. The other was on my 60SS and it was made of some super cheap plastic that just crumbled when I tried to take it off my rifle. It felt like a dirt clod crumbling or something.

Things aren't the best at Marlin right now. If they were I'd already have an XT.

big shrek 10-20-2011 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotFudge (Post 605213)
Anyone know what kind of rounds this thing likes?

CCI/Blazer is where I start. After a box of 500, you know where you stand ;)
Wolf Match will getcha punching single-hole runs small as a dime @ 50 yards, if you can do your part

Each rifle is slightly different, due to individual metallurgical singularities...and therefore handles each ammo slightly differently.
Micro-groove barrels like FAT Jacketed bullets most of all, or Paco Kelly's tool will adjust 'em for premium target use ;)

akms47nagont 06-02-2013 04:28 AM

I'm posting this so it's easier for me to find this thread on my iPhone as I do research on this firearm before buying it no questions yet

akms47nagont 06-02-2013 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akms47nagont
I'm posting this so it's easier for me to find this thread on my iPhone as I do research on this firearm before buying it no questions yet

Okay now I have a question being that it is a Tube Feeding system that feeds shorts .Long's .and long rifles has anybody had issues feeding ammo I will be doing some research on the tube fed design

kaido 06-02-2013 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akms47nagont

Okay now I have a question being that it is a Tube Feeding system that feeds shorts .Long's .and long rifles has anybody had issues feeding ammo I will be doing some research on the tube fed design

I've never shot the tube fed version of this rifle, but I do own the mag fed one. The shorts are the only ones that I've had trouble getting to feed properly, everything else went off with out a "GET IN THERE ALREADY!!"