Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Marlin model 80.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Marlin model 80.

I was in my favorite LGS looking for a handgun(found one) and mentioned I was looking for a bolt action 22 also.

They had an older(and somewhat worn looking )Stevens and a Cricket that didn't really spark my interest.
I put a deposit on the pistol and was heading for the door when the Guy at the copunter remembers one he took in on trade and hadn't had the chance to tag and put out.

Needless to say I have a mod.80 to go with my mod.60
It's in very good shape and came with a Marlin "Micro-vue" 4x scope.
I did a quick search and didn't find much so any info would be great.

marlin-mod.80-001.jpg   marlin-mod.80-004.jpg  

Tact;The ability to tell a man to go to he11 and make him feel happy to be on his way.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-04-2010, 04:52 PM   #2

I know nothing about it but it sure is a nice looker, love the coloring on the stock.

Congrats.

• Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once.
- Admiral Hornblower

• The purpose of war is not to die for your country. The purpose of war is to ensure that the other guy dies for his country.
- General Patton

• When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend.
- US Marine Corps

Old 01-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Unfortunately I don't know anything about it, but it sure is handsome.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #4

Liked 124 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 213

Yeah, i really like that semi tiger ish look to it....very nice find. i like when the scopes look old and worn too with the wood but are at least still functional as i hope that one is for ya.....

here's a link on the mod 80...might help with some background info on it...

Marlin Model 80 DL

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Old 01-04-2010, 10:02 PM   #5

Thanks Mack,I does help some as I had never even seen a mod 80 untill I bought this one
I plan on checking that out a little more.

Tact;The ability to tell a man to go to he11 and make him feel happy to be on his way.

Last edited by flyingbrickracing; 01-04-2010 at 10:50 PM.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #6

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Brick that sure is a good looking Marlin..

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 01-04-2010, 10:58 PM   #7

Thanks everyone,It is very clean with no marks or digs in the stock and the bore is bright.The blue is just as good with the only noticeable wear being on the saftey.
I probably paid too much at $185.00 + tax($200.00 out the door) but it was just that nice.
I love the old scope as well.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:51 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

You have an AWESOME little rifle there. My Great Grandfather bought one new and it now belongs to my dad. It left Marlin with a little scope on it and to this day it will hold a nickle group at 30 yards. It starts to open up after that but you can't see what you're aiming at. Put better optics on it and I'm sure the group would stay tight.

I have been looking for information on this rifle as well but have been able to find little. You're trigger guard matches mine but the wood is totally different. I wouldn't be surprised if yours has been refinished but I could be wrong. The trigger guard has something to do with the model designation but I haven't figured that out yet. The floor plate for your magwell isn't attached to the guard is it?
The price is higher then most I've seen but with the scope and the fact it's in better shape, I think you did well.

Sorry I can't do anything but muddy the water but I would love to find a rifle like that to add to my collection.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-05-2010, 08:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
You have an AWESOME little rifle there. My Great Grandfather bought one new and it now belongs to my dad. It left Marlin with a little scope on it and to this day it will hold a nickle group at 30 yards. It starts to open up after that but you can't see what you're aiming at. Put better optics on it and I'm sure the group would stay tight.

I have been looking for information on this rifle as well but have been able to find little. You're trigger guard matches mine but the wood is totally different. I wouldn't be surprised if yours has been refinished but I could be wrong. The trigger guard has something to do with the model designation but I haven't figured that out yet. The floor plate for your magwell isn't attached to the guard is it?
The price is higher then most I've seen but with the scope and the fact it's in better shape, I think you did well.

Sorry I can't do anything but muddy the water but I would love to find a rifle like that to add to my collection.
All the ones I have found on line have had a much lighter stock ,and I think you may be right as to the stock being a replacement as the front screw seems to be put in crooked and there is traces of wood stain on the white trim at the buttplate and grip.
BTW the floor plate is not attatched to the trigger guard.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:21 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Looking at it again, check the gold parts. Are they plated or painted? The only thing different about yours and mine is the gold trigger(mine is chrome), the gold on the scope(mine is black) and there is no texture on my scope.

Still a great looking rifle. Have you shot it yet?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Last edited by spittinfire; 01-06-2010 at 01:24 AM.