Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Marlin model 80. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/marlin-model-80-a-21818/)

flyingbrickracing 01-04-2010 04:16 PM

Marlin model 80.

2 Attachment(s)
I was in my favorite LGS looking for a handgun(found one) and mentioned I was looking for a bolt action 22 also.

They had an older(and somewhat worn looking )Stevens and a Cricket that didn't really spark my interest.
I put a deposit on the pistol and was heading for the door when the Guy at the copunter remembers one he took in on trade and hadn't had the chance to tag and put out.

Needless to say I have a mod.80 to go with my mod.60
It's in very good shape and came with a Marlin "Micro-vue" 4x scope.
I did a quick search and didn't find much so any info would be great.

Wheelspin 01-04-2010 04:52 PM

I know nothing about it but it sure is a nice looker, love the coloring on the stock.

Congrats.

CA357 01-04-2010 06:48 PM

Unfortunately I don't know anything about it, but it sure is handsome.

Mack Bolan 01-04-2010 07:44 PM

Yeah, i really like that semi tiger ish look to it....very nice find. i like when the scopes look old and worn too with the wood but are at least still functional as i hope that one is for ya.....

here's a link on the mod 80...might help with some background info on it...

Marlin Model 80 DL

flyingbrickracing 01-04-2010 10:02 PM

Thanks Mack,I does help some as I had never even seen a mod 80 untill I bought this one
I plan on checking that out a little more.

BILLYBOB44 01-04-2010 10:14 PM

Brick that sure is a good looking Marlin..:)

flyingbrickracing 01-04-2010 10:58 PM

Thanks everyone,It is very clean with no marks or digs in the stock and the bore is bright.The blue is just as good with the only noticeable wear being on the saftey.
I probably paid too much at $185.00 + tax($200.00 out the door) but it was just that nice.
I love the old scope as well.

spittinfire 01-05-2010 01:51 AM

You have an AWESOME little rifle there. My Great Grandfather bought one new and it now belongs to my dad. It left Marlin with a little scope on it and to this day it will hold a nickle group at 30 yards. It starts to open up after that but you can't see what you're aiming at. Put better optics on it and I'm sure the group would stay tight.

I have been looking for information on this rifle as well but have been able to find little. You're trigger guard matches mine but the wood is totally different. I wouldn't be surprised if yours has been refinished but I could be wrong. The trigger guard has something to do with the model designation but I haven't figured that out yet. The floor plate for your magwell isn't attached to the guard is it?
The price is higher then most I've seen but with the scope and the fact it's in better shape, I think you did well.

Sorry I can't do anything but muddy the water but I would love to find a rifle like that to add to my collection.

flyingbrickracing 01-05-2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 208518)
You have an AWESOME little rifle there. My Great Grandfather bought one new and it now belongs to my dad. It left Marlin with a little scope on it and to this day it will hold a nickle group at 30 yards. It starts to open up after that but you can't see what you're aiming at. Put better optics on it and I'm sure the group would stay tight.

I have been looking for information on this rifle as well but have been able to find little. You're trigger guard matches mine but the wood is totally different. I wouldn't be surprised if yours has been refinished but I could be wrong. The trigger guard has something to do with the model designation but I haven't figured that out yet. The floor plate for your magwell isn't attached to the guard is it?
The price is higher then most I've seen but with the scope and the fact it's in better shape, I think you did well.

Sorry I can't do anything but muddy the water but I would love to find a rifle like that to add to my collection.

All the ones I have found on line have had a much lighter stock ,and I think you may be right as to the stock being a replacement as the front screw seems to be put in crooked and there is traces of wood stain on the white trim at the buttplate and grip.
BTW the floor plate is not attatched to the trigger guard.

spittinfire 01-06-2010 01:21 AM

Looking at it again, check the gold parts. Are they plated or painted? The only thing different about yours and mine is the gold trigger(mine is chrome), the gold on the scope(mine is black) and there is no texture on my scope.

Still a great looking rifle. Have you shot it yet?