Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Marlin model 60 returned after 20 years (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/marlin-model-60-returned-after-20-years-64508/)

ellwood45c 05-15-2012 10:18 AM

Marlin model 60 returned after 20 years

I folks had to share this story. I bought my first 22 when i was 15, the year was 1982. I had saved my money from the summer of odd jobs and on my 15 bday i gave it to my dad for this rifle. I already had at the time my 10/22 that my grandfather bougt me the day i was born, but dad was carful about letting me take it out of the house. So he bought me the marlin from a local hardware going out of business, it was 83.00 plus tax.
In 1992 i got it stolen out of my truck along with my winchester 1300. I thought it was gone never to be seen again. Last night my dad called and said he got a call from the local police department, my marlin had been found. I still cant believe it after all these years how. They said we should be able to get it back in about 30 days. I have the box and all the paper work i couldnt bring myself to get rid of it.
I dont know what shape its in but am excited to get it back. Just wanted to share a unbelivable story.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

PlaysWithZombies 05-15-2012 10:38 AM

Wow that is awesome. Gives me hope that i'll see my 10/22 again someday, kinda doubt it though lol.

How did they manage to find it after 20 years?

Gatoragn 05-15-2012 10:41 AM

WOW! That is great.

I had my first 12 ga stolen in the mid 70's, then in the early 80's the replacement was stolen as well. I have no hope of ever seeing either of these Remington 1100's again.

HockaLouis 05-15-2012 11:38 AM

Cool stuff!

mrt8110 05-15-2012 12:02 PM

returned model 60

Their is nothing like having an old friend back again,:) I hope you have fun shooting it.:) Cliff

orangello 05-15-2012 01:00 PM

SWEET! You will notice it is a tiny bit different from the current model. My model 60 is of similar vintage.

ellwood45c 05-15-2012 01:52 PM

A guy had takin it to a local pawn shop to sell. H had got the gun from his father when he was 10. His father strangley enough used to work for me at a local factory. I had fired the guy one night when i caught him drink whiskey on the job, we were operating two 500 ton stamping presses and a 300 ton stamping press at the time. When i discovered what he was doing he had already drank 1/4 of a 1/5 of jack. My company at the time had a 0 tolerance alchol policy, which was emediate termination. That night when i went to leave was when i found my truck broken into and my guns gone. The kids dad had died 6 years ago in a car accident. I'm kinda torn the kid said he had no idea how his dad got it, he could verywell just be a innicoent person. I would hate to see him in trouble for something his dad did years ago.

orangello 05-15-2012 07:17 PM

Did anybody else just think "sins of the father"?

I wonder if they will pursue anything against the kid who wanted to pawn it?

canebrake 05-15-2012 07:37 PM

Hey ellwood, if it needs fixin' it can be done.

My Tango plunkungfest Westeren Auto Revelation 120

ellwood45c 05-16-2012 12:49 AM

That was really nice lookin cane. I was told today it could be about 60-90 days before we can get it. I tried to talk to the officer handling the case and see if there was anything i could say to help the kid out. He told me he would like to talk to me about later in the week. If hes a good kid id hate to see him get introuble because of his dad. I went to the pawn shop and talked to the owner to see if he could tell me what condition it was in but he didnt want to talk about it.
Guess ill just have to wait, i hate waiting. Lol