Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Marlin M60 feed issues (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/marlin-m60-feed-issues-82571/)

longunner 01-27-2013 05:45 AM

Marlin M60 feed issues

When I use hollow points in my marlin (22LR) they get hung up inside the receiver pretty often. Not every shot but its enough to be a bit of a pain because their pretty hard to get out. Anyone have any ideas as to why this Is happening and anything I could do to fix it?

chuckusaret 01-27-2013 05:58 AM

I have the Mdl 60 and Mdl 99M1 with never a problem. I would suggest you visit the Marlin owners forum. I had problems with my Marlin 336 and a member provided a fix.

SSGN_Doc 01-27-2013 11:02 AM

Clean the heck out of it. What brands of HPs are jamming? Sometimes a switch to another brand will fix things.

longunner 01-27-2013 05:23 PM

I clean all my guns whenever I get bored which is pretty often lol so I'm sure that's not the issue. I'm pretty sure the HPs are Remington but I can't remember I don't have the box they came in anymore it got wet so i had to put them in a peanut butter jar.

SSGN_Doc 01-27-2013 05:35 PM

If they have a 'R' or 'Rem' on the brass then they are Remington. Remington 'Golden bullets' that come in bulk boxes are notorious for causing jams in semi-autos. I bought a box and only use them in revolvers and bolt actions.

longunner 01-27-2013 05:38 PM

I have a box of golden bullets that will feed just fine, but the hollow points don't. I wish I had a picture of it to show what happens

Crazycastor 02-06-2013 04:52 PM

How old is the gun? I've had mine for 30 years before I actually took it apart to clean it. Other swabbing the barrel and getting what I could clean without taking it apart. I always thought there was a bunch of springs and things I didn't want to mess with. I was surprised how dirty this gun was and how much build up of carbon was on it. It feeds great now.

longunner 02-06-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazycastor
How old is the gun? I've had mine for 30 years before I actually took it apart to clean it. Other swabbing the barrel and getting what I could clean without taking it apart. I always thought there was a bunch of springs and things I didn't want to mess with. I was surprised how dirty this gun was and how much build up of carbon was on it. It feeds great now.

It's only a year old

dteed4094 02-06-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNARG (Post 1112432)
I clean all my guns whenever I get bored which is pretty often lol so I'm sure that's not the issue. I'm pretty sure the HPs are Remington but I can't remember I don't have the box they came in anymore it got wet so i had to put them in a peanut butter jar.

Is there peanut butter on the rounds? Just kidding! I have had fedederal HPs do that in my 60 but very rarely. Usually a thorough cleaning eliminates the problem. I've found less lubrication reduces the fouling a lot.